Call for applications for the UNHCR Internship 2020-21 in Sweden. The Paid internship in Europe will commence from 1 September 2020 in Stockholm. The duration of the UN internship is 4-6 months.
The interns of the Communications Internship, Stockholm will be performing their duty with UNHCR Northern Europe’s Communications and Public Information Unit.
The UNHCR is a United Nations agency with the mission to protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people, and assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country
UNHCR Internship 2020-21:
- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- 4-6 Months
Check UNESCO Internship in Paris, France – Apply Now
Internship Start Date:
- September 1, 2020
- USD 1,000 Food and Transportation Allowance per month for unsponsored interns
- Work with the UN
- Get experience from in of the top organizations in the world
- An application must have a degree in migration studies, communication, media studies, journalism, political science, development studies, or international relations.
- Must have a good command on English and language of that region
- Must have a good knowledge of refugee issues
- Must have strong writing skills
- An applicant with writing experience for a public experience (e.g.: newspaper articles, student journalism, local association or group, a blog, etc.) is very preferable as well as great skills and experience with social media. (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
Check United Nations Human Rights Internship in Geneva, Switzerland – Apply Now
Term and Condition:
- Interns may be eligible for funding through scholarships available by universities, or other external sources and are encouraged to look into this. A food and transportation allowance of a maximum of USD 1,000 per month is available for un-sponsored interns.
- It is the responsibility of interns or their sponsoring institution to arrange for travel to and from the duty station upon commencement and conclusion of the internship. All related travel expenses, including visas, will be paid by the intern or sponsoring institution. UNHCR does not cover the cost of travel or visa.
- All interns who are not nationals of the country where their duty station is located must show proof of valid medical insurance coverage, including illness, accidents, and repatriation coverage, to cover the full period of the internship. UNHCR accepts no responsibility for any costs connected to the medical insurance of interns.
- The internship is planned to commence on 1 September 2020 and last for 4-6 months (to be agreed upon).
How to Apply for the UN Communication internship in Europe?
You will need to submit an application form through the email. Send your application form along with the following documents to Tilda Norsten ” [email protected]
- Motivation Letter – One Page
- Up-to-date CV/resume
- Completed UNHCR Personal History Form.
- The last date to apply for the UNHCR Internship 2020 is May 29. 2020.