Call for applications for UNESCO Young Professional Forum 2019 in Azerbaijan. The UNESCO World Heritage Young Professional Forum will be held from 23 June to 2 July 2019, in Baku, Azerbaijan. The Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Azerbaijan will host the World Heritage Youth Forum 2019 under the theme of ‘World Heritage: Local Insights for Global Challenges. Up to 30 participants will be selected for the fully funded Young Professionals Forum 2019.
World Heritage Youth Fora are among the flagship activities of the World Heritage Education Programme, serving as a platform for bringing young professionals and heritage experts together to foster intercultural learning and exchange, to debate about common concerns and to discover new roles for themselves in heritage conservation.
The overall aim of the Forum is to highlight the key opportunities and challenges of heritage management in the twenty-first century. Accompanied by local and international experts, and through a variety of site visits, presentations and roundtables, the participants will gain insights into the processes and working practices of the 1972 World Heritage Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage. They will discuss and gain in-depth knowledge of the global concepts of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the New Urban Agenda, while also having the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the local Azerbaijani heritage and its management. At the end of the Forum, the young professionals will present their Declaration to the 43rd session of the World Heritage Committee.
UNESCO Young Professional Forum 2019 Details:
- The Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- 11-12 Days
- The international youth forum will run from 23 June to 2 July 2019, in Baku, Azerbaijan.
Popular Leadership Programs and Conferences of 2019, Check out these too:
- Swedish Institute Leader Lab 2019
- ReDefine Next 100 Global Youth Program 2019 in the Czech Republic
- Trust Conference 2019 in London
- Queen’s Commonwealth Trust Scholarship to attend OYW Summit 2019
- All related expenses (economy class flights, accommodation, local transportation, and meals) will be covered by the host country for the duration of the Forum.
- The organizers will also assist in the travel preparations, and will provide support to the participants who need a visa
Participants of the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2019 are expected to be:
- Aged between 23 and 32 years;
- Experienced in the field of World Heritage; working on conservation and promotion of heritage
in their regular activities, along with other young people;
- Motivated and committed to implementing the outcomes of the Forum in their respective countries;
- Available for the entire duration of the Forum;
- Proficient in English, as the Forum will be conducted entirely in English.
- One participant from each of the 21 Member States of the current World Heritage Committee
(Angola, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Burkina Faso, China, Cuba,
Guatemala, Hungary, Indonesia, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Norway, Saint Kitts, and Nevis, Spain, Tunisia, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zimbabwe) and up to 9 participants from other countries will be selected.
How to Apply for UNESCO Young Professional Forum 2019 in Azerbaijan?
All interested candidates who wish to apply for participation in the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum should fill in and submit the online application form.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 01 May 2019 at 23:59, Azerbaijan Time (CET+2).
Deadline is May 1, 2019