Call for applications UN Youth Volunteer in Monitoring and Evaluation 2018. The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme is the UN organization that promotes volunteerism to support peace and development world.
UN Youth Volunteers, who receive a monthly living allowance and a benefits package, can be impactful resources to support these monitoring and evaluation efforts. UN Volunteers can contribute to national SDG monitoring, evaluation and reporting; support monitoring and evaluation of UN Development Assistance Frameworks and Common Country Assessments; assist with innovative forms of data gathering; provide analysis and support communications efforts; contribute to the development of training programmes on monitoring and evaluation, including building capacities of national and local stakeholders; and engage local stakeholders and marginalized groups, particularly in deep-field and remote locations.
The young evaluators programme aims at strengthening the UN system’s monitoring and evaluation capacity through the deployment of young evaluators. This recruitment call is for multiple volunteers in various locations around the world.
When applying for this special recruitment exercise, you may be selected for any of the assignments globally offered by the UN agencies participating in this new partnership.
- UN Youth Volunteers receive a basic living allowance that allows the volunteer to live healthily and safely in the assigned area. If you volunteer outside of your home area, return airfare or land transport (as applicable) and some other basic costs are paid by the host agency. You will receive orientation and training before and after your assignment.
Young people with a commitment to the values of the United Nations and with some experience in monitoring and evaluation are encouraged to apply. Candidates must comply with the following criteria:
- Be between 18-29 years of age
- Have up to two years of relevant work experience
- Be fluent in English or another working language of the United Nations (preferably French or Spanish)
How to Apply:
To apply for this new opportunity, you need to register your profile. Please note that after creating your account, you must complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to My Page and click on the ‘Special calls’ link. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
- The deadline for UN Youth Volunteer in Monitoring and Evaluation is June 1, 2018.