Call for applications for the UN Global Compact Internship 2019 in New York, USA. The duration of the United Nations Internships 2019 is 3 months (With the possibility of a 3-month extension thereafter).
The United Nations Global Compact is a non-binding United Nations pact to encourage businesses worldwide to adopt sustainable and socially responsible policies and to report on their implementation. The UN Global Compact is a principle-based framework for businesses, stating ten principles in the areas of human rights, labor, the environment, and anti-corruption. Under the Global Compact, companies are brought together with UN agencies, labor groups, and civil society. Cities can join the Global Compact through the Cities Programme
UN Global Compact Internship 2019 Details:
- The United States of America
- New York
Duration & Period:
Internships with the UN Global Compact are available for a duration of three to six months. The timing of internships is flexible. We encourage candidates to apply for the following sessions:
- Winter: January to March (3 months, with the possibility of a 3-month extension thereafter)
- Spring: April to June (3 months, with the possibility of a 3-month extension thereafter)
- Summer: July to September (3 months, possibility of 3-month extension thereafter)
- Fall: October to December (3 months, possibility of 3-month extension thereafter)
Please note that internships at UN Headquarters are unpaid. Interns must, therefore, be able to cover their costs of travel, accommodation, as well as living expenses during the internship period.
Objectives of the UN Global Compact:
The UN Global Compact pursues two complementary objectives:
- Making the UN Global Compact and its principles part of business strategy and operations everywhere; and
- Facilitating cooperation among key stakeholders by promoting partnerships and other collective action in support of UN goals
Depending on their level of experience and training, UN Global Compact interns will:
- Conduct research relating to the topic of corporate sustainability, especially on human rights, labor, the environment, and anti-corruption;
- Draft and edit publications, papers and other documents;
- Liaise with Global Compact stakeholders on key corporate sustainability topics;
- Support the organization of meetings and events;
- Assist with outreach activities;
- Handle email and other inquiries;
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned
- Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program (bachelors or second university degree, or higher) at the time of application and during the internship; or
- Under some circumstances, applicants may have graduated within less than one year to commence a UN internship.
How to Apply for UN Internship 2019?
Those interested in pursuing an internship with the UN Global Compact must submit an online application at the UN Careers website.
Scroll down to the bottom of the homepage to the “Search Job Openings” section and select “Internship” under the Category field, and “New York” under the Duty Station field. Click on the Search button. This will lead you to a list of various internship openings. You will need to search for the UN Global Compact internship by Job Opening ID Number.
The Global Compact Internship Job Opening Numbers are:
- JO 116057: internship with the Communications and Events team
- JO 116060: internship with the Outreach and Participant Relations team
- JO 116061: internship with the Programmes team
- JO 116063: internship with the Chief of Staff team
- JO 116065: internship with the Global Operations team
- JO 118528: internship with the Intergovernmental Relations & Africa team
Candidates are strongly recommended to pay attention to the job opening number to make sure that their applications reach the UN Global Compact Office.
The application deadlines for upcoming sessions are as below:
- Fall 2019 (October-December): 28 June – 16 August 2019.
Due to a large number of applications received, only accepted interns will be notified a few weeks before the beginning of the session or within 4 weeks after each session’s application deadline
Deadline is August 17, 2019