Call for applications for the UEA Summer School 2020 in Barcelona, Spain. The duration of the summer school in Spain is 3 days and the program will run from June 8-10 2020 at the Institut d’Economia de Barcelona (Universitat de Barcelona). The summer school in Europe will run for three days. On each day of the summer school, there will be two lectures. In addition, several students will have an opportunity to present their current research.
The UEA Summer School is designed for Ph.D. students with an interest in urban economics including inter alia housing, real estate, transportation, local public good provision, the spatial distribution of activities, economic geography, and urban or regional policy. The objective of the summer school is to offer an intensive training program for interested Ph.D. students.
The international summer school 2020 will provide an opportunity for students to learn about the research frontier in urban economics, discuss their own research with leading researchers in the field in a relaxed and open atmosphere and meet some of the future stars in the field.
Follow us on our Social Media Platforms and Don’t for lastest updates and webinars
UEA Summer School 2020 Details:
- Universitat de Barcelona
- Three Days
- 8-10 June
You might be interested in the G20 Global Leadership Program 2020 in South Korea – Apply Now
- Gabriel Ahlfeldt (London School of Economics)
- Nate Baum-Snow (University of Toronto)
- Donald Davis (Columbia University)
- Thomas J. Holmes (University of Minnesota)
- Miren Lafourcade (Université Paris-Saclay)
- Dávid Krisztián Nágy (CREI & Universitat Pompeu Fabra)
- We invite applications from Ph.D. students who are in their second year or beyond their studies. Places in the school are limited by space constraints. Participants are expected to attend all three days in full.
Registration Fees and Financial Support:
- There is a registration fee of 150€, which covers coffee breaks, working lunches, and at least one evening event.
- You are responsible for making your own travel and accommodation arrangements. We have limited funds available to support students who need financial support.
- If you would like to apply for such support, please outline your case in your application in a separate section “Financial Support Request”. We strongly encourage students to first investigate available travel funding from their own universities.
How to Apply for the International Summer School in Europe?
Email your CV and a one-page description of the topic of your Ph.D. as one pdf file to email@example.com with “UEA Summer School 2020, Your Name” in the subject line. Ask one of your faculty advisors to send a short note to the same email address with the same subject line endorsing your application to attend and noting how it relates to your research interests and dissertation plans.
If you wish to present a paper at the summer school (this is not a requirement to apply), including the paper in the same PDF file as your CV and the one-page description of the topic of your Ph.D.
They consider only papers that are single-authored or co-authored with other Ph.D. students. Abstracts and extended abstracts are not considered.
We have also uploaded an updated List of International Internships 2020 (Fully Funded/Paid Internships Abroad)
- The last date to apply for the UEA Summer School 2020 in Barcelona, Spain is March 20, 2020.
They will inform you whether you have been accepted to the IEB/UEA Summer School by mid-April 2020.