Apply for TSL International Schools Essay Competition 2019 and win amazing prizes. All students and Teacher Champions who participate in the essay competition are warmly invited to attend the 2019 International Schools Debates in British Columbia, Canada (8-12 July, 2019).
The Trust for Sustainable Living is pleased to invite schoolchildren around the world to share their unique perspectives on the role young people can play in achieving UN Sustainable Development Goal #15 – to conserve and sustainably manage life on land.
The essay competition is aimed at primary students and secondary students, supported by Teacher Champions, parents and schools.
UN SDG #15 challenges countries to conserve and sustainably manage Life on Land, as part of wider efforts across all countries to protect Earth as a whole. TSL is pleased to invite children around the world to share their unique views and visions on how young people can help achieve SDG #15 (Life on Land).
- Young people are key to achieving SDG #15 (Life on Land)
- Every year, one overall Grand Prize winner (plus Teacher Champion and parent) wins a free trip to the TSL International Schools Debates & Awards.
- The 2019 debates will take place in Victoria and Vancouver, Canada, kindly hosted by the government of British Columbia.
- The writers of the top ten essays in each school category (Primary or Secondary) receive medals and all Finalists, Honourable Mentions and Debate Attendees receive personalised certificates.
Interested in more essay competitions 2019, click here
- Open for All
- Each student is invited to submit one essay in English, entitled:
- Primary students (ages 7-11; max. 400 words): Young people are key to achieving SDG #15 (Life on Land)
- Secondary students (ages 11-17; max. 600 words): Young people are key to achieving SDG #15 (Life on Land)
Children are strongly encouraged to share their own experiences (good or bad, local or national) in order to help bring their essays alive and support a meaningful international dialogue. Students could either approach the topic by considering Life on Land broadly, or focus more on one aspect of the topic – for example managing forests sustainably or stopping biodiversity loss.
How to Enter Essay?
Click here to know the complete application procedure.
- Registration opens for Teacher Champions/Schools to participate in the TSL 2019 Essay Competition.
20 December 2018
- Deadline for submission of essays (and Schools Sustainability Challenge videos).
15 February 2019
- Announcement of essay competition awardees – Finalists (Top 10%) and Honourable Mentions (Top 33%).
31 May 2019
- Registration deadline to attend the 2019 Schools Debates (registration is compulsory for all attendees).
- All students and teachers who submit an essay (or Schools Sustainability Challenge video) are welcome to attend.
8-12 July 2019
- International Schools Debates & Awards, Victoria and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Deadline is December 20, 2018