Tokyo Institute of Technology Scholarship 2020 in Japan is now open for applications. The MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship is a fully-funded Japanese Government scholarship for international students in Japan. The Japan Scholarships 2020 are offered for Masters and Doctoral degree programs.
MEXT Scholarship 2020 is available for all academic fields. There is no Japanese language requirement for this program as lectures and seminars are held in English. The duration of the Master’s degree Scholarships is three years and the duration of the Doctoral Scholarships is 3 years.
MEXT University Recommendation Scholarship at the Tokyo Institute of Technology Scholarship in Japan is a fully-funded scholarship that covers all the expenses of the selected candidates from all over the world. It is an amazing opportunity for international students to study for a master’s degree on scholarship.
Stay in touch and keep visiting our Facebook page Scholarships Corner for live sessions and guidelines about different opportunities. We also share opportunities on our Instagram account on a daily basis. Follow us on Instagram “scholarshipscorner” and Don’t miss any opportunity.
Tokyo Institute of Technology Scholarship 2020 Details:
- University of Tokyo
- Integrated Doctoral Education Program
- Master’s Degree Programs
- Doctoral Programs
Duration of the MEXT Scholarship:
- Combined Masters & Doctoral Program: 3 Years.
- Masters Program: 2 Yeas
- Doctoral Program: 3 Years
Fields of Study:
- Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Systems and Control Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Information and Communications Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Economics
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Chemical Science and Engineering
- Mathematical and Computing Science
- Computer Science
- Life Science and Technology
- Architecture and Building Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Transdisciplinary Science and Engineering
- Round-trip airfare to Japan
- Monthly Allowance
- 147,000 Yen/Month (for a student of a Master’s Program).
- 148,000 Yen/Month (for a student of a Doctoral Program).
- Tuition Fee
- Successful MEXT Scholarship recipients are not required to pay application, admission or tuition fees.
- Applicants must hold the citizenship of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- Applicants must be born on or after April 2, 1985.
- Applicants must apply for the field of study that they studied at their previous university or a related field.
- Applicants must be physically and mentally able to pursue studies in Japan.
- Applicants must be able to leave for and arrive in Japan within two weeks before the date of the beginning of the third quarter in September 2020.
Applicants who meet any of the following conditions are not eligible, and if identified after the start of the scholarship period, they will be required to withdraw from the scholarship.
(1) Those who are military personnel or military civilian employees at the time of their arrival in Japan or during the scholarship period
(2) Those who are not able to arrive in Japan during the period designated by the Japanese Government (MEXT) and Tokyo Tech
(3) Those who previously received a Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship. This condition does not apply to those who have educational or work experience for more than three years between the following month of the conclusion of the previous scholarship and the month of the first disbursement of this scholarship; past grantees of Japanese Studies Students Program, Japan-Korea Joint Government Scholarship Program for the Students in Science and Engineering Departments, and the Young Leaders’ Program
Note: Monbukagakusho Honors Scholarship for Privately-Financed International Students is not included in the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships.
(4) Those who apply for this scholarship through other universities or apply for other scholarships from MEXT that overlap with this scholarship
(5) Those who are already, or going to be, enrolled in a university or institution in Japan with a visa status of Student as a privately-financed international student before the scholarship period starts. This condition does not apply to those who are going to complete their study, return to their home country, and newly acquire a Student visa before the scholarship period starts
(6) Those who are intending to receive a scholarship from an institution other than MEXT (e.g., JASSO or government of their home country) that overlaps with this scholarship
(7) Those who do not meet the academic background qualifications by the date required by their program
(8) Those who hold dual nationality of Japan and another country at the time of application and cannot verify that they have given up Japanese nationality by the date of their arrival in Japan
(9) Those who are expecting to conduct long-term research activities outside Japan or take an extended leave of absence
(10) Those who have already obtained a doctoral degree and do not plan to pursue a degree
Required Documents MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship 2020?
- Application Form
- Field of Study and Study Program
- Official Academic Transcript
- Certificate(s) Confirming Graduation and Degree or Expected Graduation and degree
- Summary of Thesis or Research
- English Proficiency Test Score Report (original, no photocopies) (Check Exemption from English Language Proficiency Test Score Report Submission)
- Recommendation Letter from the Dean or equivalent official of the applicant’s home university
- Evaluation Sheet with the recommendation
- Consent of a Tokyo Institute of Technology Faculty Member
- Applicant’s Passport
- The last date to submit an application for the Tokyo Institute of Technology Scholarship in Japan is 10th December 2019.
The candidates nominated for MEXT Scholarship will be notified together with the admission decision in mid-March. The notification of scholarship recipients will be sent to applicants in early August at the latest.