The Taiwan International Graduate Program is now accepting applications for TIGP International Internship Program 2018 (TIGP-IIP). The TIGP is a unique all-English Ph.D. program supported by Academia Sinica, the most prestigious research institution in Taiwan. In collaboration with top-ranking local research universities, the TIGP would like to invite outstanding young scholars from around the globe to experience Taiwan’s top-notch scientific research facilities and to participate in build an intellectual network of people from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Academia Sinica
- Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan or Partner University
- Two Months
- Standard Program (2 months): 1st July~ 31st August 2018
There are 12 programs offered by TIGP International Internship Program:
- Chemical Biology and Molecular Biophysics
- Molecular Science and Technology
- Molecular and Biological Agricultural Sciences
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Nano Science and Technology
- Molecular Medicine
- Earth System Science
- Interdisciplinary Neuroscience
- Sustainable Chemical Science and Technology
- Social Networks and Human-Centered Computing
- TIGP and the hosting PI will together offer NTD 30,000/month-tax free (~USD 1000) for two months.
- (TIGP will provide a monthly stipend of NTD 20,000/months and the sponsoring faculty will provide additional monthly stipend of NTD 10,000/ month).
- In addition, half of the cheapest round-way airfare at economy class of the batch will be provided to participating interns upon completion of the training program.
- Orientation—Introduction to Academia Sinica and Taiwan International Graduate Program
- Visits to TIGP partner institutions and sightseeing/field trips
- Basic or fundamental Chinese language classes: free, classes can be waived if the intern has basic knowledge of Mandarin/Chinese or upon request by the mentor.
- Internship Report/Poster Presentation
- Certificate awarding ceremony
Interested in Facebook Internship
The TIGP-IIP welcomes applications from overseas candidates of the following status:
- Undergraduate students who will have been conferred a B.S. degree by August 2019.
(Or students who will have been conferred a B.S.＋M.S. dual degree by August 2019.)
- Students pursuing a Master’s degree and holding a B.S. degree.
- Individuals holding a B.S. or Master’s degree (student’s pursuing a PhD degree are not eligible for this category)
- Students/ Individuals who have attended TIGP-IIP program before are not eligible to apply again.
- February 28th, 2018