Applications are now invited for the Experimental Digital Youth Programme 2019. The Experiment Digital is a fully-funded two-month virtual summer exchange program that helps high school-aged youth become more civically engaged by empowering them to plan and execute a community service project. The Experiment Digital runs for eight weeks, from June 24 to August 18, 2019.
Designed to connect students across the globe without leaving their living room, participants interact through videos, discussion forums, online chats, webinars, and playing games together. Through these activities, participants develop leadership and cross-cultural communications skills, speak with peers from different countries, and design youth-led projects to create positive social change. The exchanges take place online, so students can participate from anywhere. We encourage students with diverse backgrounds to apply!
Started in 2016, The Experiment Digital is sponsored by the Stevens Initiative, a partnership aimed to increase exchanges between youth in the U.S. and the Middle East. Through this program, students from these regions take part in a cultural exchange to build friendships, mutual understanding, and global awareness.
Experimental Digital Youth Programme Details:
- By the Stevens Initiative
- 2 – months
- The fully funded exchange program will run June 24 to August 18, 2019
- By participating in The Experiment Digital, students receive a Certificate of Completion in leadership and global issues analysis, access to the U.S. Department of State’s International Exchange Alumni network, unique project funding opportunities from the U.S. Department of State, and a $400 scholarship towards participation in one of The Experiment’s programs around the world.
- Watch a video about culture and tradition in the Middle East
- Share your perspective and read what others have to say about stereotypes
- Play an interactive online game about life as a refugee
- Discuss power dynamics in your community with your peers through a video call
- Post a photo of your favorite meal
You are eligible if you:
- Are between the ages of 14-19 years old
- Currently enrolled in or have not yet completed high school
- Reside in the United States, Algeria, Iraq, or Yemen
- Have basic English language competency
- Have regular access to the Internet
- Can devote 3-4 hours each week to the program
How to Apply for The Experimental Digital Youth Programme 2019?
Click on the APPLY NOW button below to proceed to The Experiment Digital 2019 online application. Fill all the required fields carefully.
- Applications are due by Monday, May 20, 2019.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the application process.
Deadline is May 20, 2019