[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section” _builder_version=”3.22″ _i=”0″ _address=”0″][et_pb_row admin_label=”row” _builder_version=”3.25″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” _i=”0″ _address=”0.0″][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25″ custom_padding=”|||” _i=”0″ _address=”0.0.0″ custom_padding__hover=”|||”][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” _builder_version=”3.27.4″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” _i=”0″ _address=”0.0.0.0″]
Call for applications for the TechWomen Emerging Leaders Program 2020 in USA. TechWoman is an initiative of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. The duration of the international leadership program is 5-weeks. The U.S TechWomen Program 2020 is a fully-funded and all the cost of the program will be covered by the U.S. Department of State. It will cover a round trip international airfare, domestic airfare from San Francisco to Washington, D.C, public transportation, housing, meals, local transportation, and hotel stay in DC.
TechWomen brings emerging women leaders in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) from Africa, Central, and South Asia, and the Middle East together with their professional counterparts in the United States for a mentorship and exchange program. TechWomen provides participants access to networks, resources, and knowledge to empower them to reach their full potential.
During the five-week tech and cultural exchange program, participants engage in project-based mentorships at leading companies in the San Francisco Bay Area, participate in professional development workshops and networking events, and travel to Washington, DC. for targeted meetings and special events to conclude the program.
Over the past seven years, more than 600 women from Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Kenya, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Tunisia, Uzbekistan, Yemen and Zimbabwe have participated in TechWomen.
TechWomen Emerging Leaders Program 2020 Details:
- United States of America
- U.S. Department of States
- San Francisco
- Silicon Valley
- Washington DC
- The 2019 TechWomen program will occur over five weeks from September – October 2018
This is a fully-funded leadership program in the USA. The following costs are covered by the TechWomen program:
- Roundtrip international airfare from participant home country to the United States
- Domestic airfare from San Francisco to Washington, D.C.
- Housing in San Francisco or Sunnyvale, California during the mentorship period
- Meals and incidentals
- Hotel stays in Washington, D.C.
- Public transportation to the participant’s host company
- Local transportation to group program events in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington, D.C.
2020 TechWomen Eligibility Requirements:
- Be women with, at minimum, two years of full-time professional experience in the STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) fields. Please note that internships and other unpaid work experience do not count toward the two-year professional experience requirement.
- Have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree/four-year university degree or equivalent.
- Be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Be citizens and permanent residents of Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan or Zimbabwe at the time of application and while participating in the program.
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. J-1 exchange visitor visa.
- Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States (other than the Diversity Immigrant Visa, also known as the “visa lottery”) in the past five years.
- Not hold U.S. citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident.
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Demonstrate themselves as emerging leaders in their chosen professional track through their work experience, volunteer experience, community activities, and education.
- Are committed to return to their home countries to share what they have learned and mentor women and girls.
- Have limited or no prior experience in the United States.
- Have a proven record of voluntary or public service in their communities.
- Have a demonstrated track record of entrepreneurialism and commitment to innovation.
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate in exchange programs, welcome opportunities for mentoring and new partnership development, and exhibit confidence and maturity.
TechWomen encourages people with diverse backgrounds and skills to apply, including individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply for the 2020 TechWomen Emerging Leaders Program?
Click on the Apply Now button below to proceed to the 2020TechWomen application form. If you are a first time user then you have create an account to start a new application. if you have already an account then you just to click on sign in and enter your details.
TechWomen participants are selected based on the eligibility requirements below. Applications are reviewed by independent selection committees composed of industry leaders and regional experts. Semifinalists may be interviewed by United States Embassy personnel in their country of permanent residence.
- The last date to apply for the TechWomen Emerging Leaders Program 2020 USA is 09:00 AM PST (GMT-08:00), Wednesday, January 15, 2020.