Applications are invited for Fully Funded Technical Student Programme in Applied Physics at CERN, Switzerland. This Technical Studentship Programme will be held at CERN.
If your university or institute requires or encourages you to acquire work experience through an internship, imagine doing this at CERN in Geneva. It’s more than work experience. In fact, it’s a student programme like nowhere else on Earth and an impressive addition to your CV!
If you are a student looking to complete practical training in domains related to Applied Physics, you will have the opportunity to work at the cutting edge of technology, contribute and broaden your knowledge in disciplines as varied as particle detector physics and their applications, analysis and simulation, data processing, radiation studies, beam instrumentation, optics, lasers, cryogenics, vacuum or thermodynamics to name but a few.
Technical Student Programme Details:
- 4 to 12 months.
CERN will provide you with:
- A contract of association from 4 to 12 months.
- An allowance of 3283 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- A travel allowance.
- Depending on your personal circumstances, a supplement if you are married and/or have children.
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive Health Insurance scheme (the contribution will be automatically deducted from your allowance).
- 2,5 days of paid leave per month.
Also apply for some amazing programs of CERN Switzerland.
- Fully Funded CERN Administrated Student Programme
- CERN Short Term Paid Internship Program
- Fully Funded Technical Studentships (For Engineering Students)
In order to qualify for a place on the programme you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State (home.cern/about/member-states).
- You have completed at least 18 months of your undergraduate studies (Bachelor or Master’s) at the time of the next student selection taking place in May 2019. PhD students are not eligible for this programme.
- You can stay for at least 4 and at most 12 months remaining registered as a full-time student.
- We advise you to opt for the longest period possible to make the most of it and increase your chances of being selected!
- You have a good knowledge of English OR French.
- The last date to apply for Fully Funded Technical Student Programme in Applied Physics IS 25TH MARCH, 2019.