Call for applications for the fully funded TechGirls International Summer Exchange Program 2018 in USA. TechGirls is an international summer exchange program designed to connects and supports the next generation of women leaders in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics by providing them access and opportunities to advance their skills and pursue their dreams.
The centerpiece of the program is a weeklong technology camp that provides participants with an in-depth examination of technology-related topics, such as Java programming and mobile application development, and engages them in 45+ hours of hands-on instruction. The camp is complemented by additional activities such as site visits to technology companies, leadership clinics, community service opportunities, job shadowing, and cultural events. As part of program follow-on, the TechGirls implement at least one peer training program or service project within their schools and/or communities.
TechGirls is an initiative of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs’ (ECA) mission is to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries by means of educational and cultural exchange that assist in the development of peaceful relations. The program is administered by Legacy International.
- United States of America (USA)
- TechGirls is an initiative of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
- Three Weeks
- 8 July to 1 August 2018
Also Visit: Tsinghua International Summer School China
The TechGirls program covers the following costs:
- Roundtrip international airfare from participant home country to the United States
- Housing during program
- Double occupancy hotel or dormitory accommodations
- Meals during program
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Local transportation to group program events
- Cultural events organized by Legacy International
- Emergency health insurance
Students eligible to apply are those who:
- Are from one of the following eligible countries: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, and Tunisia;
- Are between the ages of 15 and 17 at the start of the exchange;
- Have demonstrated advanced skills and a serious interest in technology, engineering, and/or math in their academic studies;
- Intend to pursue higher education and/or careers in technology;
- Have strong English language skills;
- Exhibit maturity, flexibility, and open-mindedness;
- Will attend at least one additional semester of secondary school upon their return to their home country; and
- Are committed to completing a community-based project upon their return home.
- Preference will be given to those who have limited or no prior experience in the United States. You are not eligible if you have travelled to the United States in the last three years as part of any other ECA exchange program.
TechGirls encourages people with diverse backgrounds and skills to apply, including individuals with disabilities.
Also Visit: Youth International Summer School China
TechGirls participants are selected based on the eligibility requirements below. Independent selection committees composed of industry leaders and regional experts review applications. United States Embassy personnel in their country of permanent residence interview semifinalists.
The deadline of the TechGirls International Summer Exchange Program is:
- 25 April 2018.