Applications are invited for MOFA Taiwan fellowship available for foreign researchers to undertake research studies at Taiwan’s universities, colleges or research institutions. A scholar’s field of study should be in the social sciences and humanities, with a topic related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, the Asia Pacific and Sinology.
The Taiwan Fellowship is established by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) to award foreign experts and scholars interested in researches related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, Asia-Pacific region and Chinese studies to conduct advanced research at universities or academic institutions in Taiwan.
The Taiwan Fellowship, echoing the APEC Scholarship Initiative, provides 12 Chinese Taipei APEC Fellowship openings per year exclusively for scholars and experts from developing APEC economies.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA)
- 3 to 12 months
No. of Fellowships:
Also Visit: McDonald Fellowship for Young Researchers 2018
- Monthly grants are paid at the beginning of every month.
- Professors, associate professors, research fellows, or associate research fellows: NT$60,000.
- Assistant professors, assistant research fellows, or doctoral candidates: NT$50,000.
- One round-trip, economy-class ticket for the most direct route to Taiwan (The subsidy will be decided by MOFA in accordance with the relevant regulations).
- The terms of fellowship are 3 to 12 months.
- Accident insurance (plus a medical insurance for accidental injuries) coverage of NT$1 million
- Recipients shall be foreign professors, associate professors, assistant professors, post-doctoral researchers, doctoral candidates, or doctoral program students at related departments of overseas universities, or are research fellows at an equivalent level in academic institutions abroad.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language.
- Resume (including a publication list)
- Research Proposal
- Two letters of Recommendation or one letter of recommendation and one letter of agreement from highest administrative directive of your university.
How to Apply:
Fill the online application form and upload the above mentioned documents. After that applicants should print their complete application from and send all application documents to R.O.C (Taiwan) Embassy or Representative Office by post.
- June 30, 2018