The Swiss Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students is now accepting applications for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2020-2021. The Swiss Government Scholarship is accepting applications for Ph.D. Scholarships, Research Scholarships, and Post-Doctoral Scholarships to study in Switzerland for highly qualified students from all academic fields
Each year the Swiss Confederation awards Government Excellence Scholarships to promote international exchange and research cooperation between Switzerland and over 180 other countries. Recipients are selected by the awarding body, the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS).
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for international students are aimed at young researchers from abroad who have completed a master’s degree or Ph.D. and at foreign artists holding a bachelor’s degree.
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships Details:
- Swiss government scholarships are offered by the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students
- Swiss Government Excellence Research Scholarships for foreign students
- Swiss Government Excellence Ph.D. Scholarships for foreign students
- Swiss Government Excellence Postdoctoral Scholarships for foreign researchers
Also, Apply for the following International Scholarships:
- Stanford University Scholarships in the USA- 100 Fully Funded Scholarships
- DAAD Scholarship 2019-20 in Germany
- Research Scholarships in Switzerland: 12 months maximum
- Doctoral Scholarships in Switzerland: 12 months (starting in September) prolongable up to 36 months based on the achieved academic results
- Post-Doctoral Scholarships in Switzerland: 12 months
Types of Scholarships:
- The research scholarship is available to post-graduate researchers in any discipline (who hold a master’s degree as a minimum) who are planning to come to Switzerland to pursue research or further studies at the doctoral or post-doctoral level.
Research scholarships are awarded for research or study at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences and the two federal institutes of technology. Only candidates nominated by an academic mentor at one of these higher education institutions will be considered.
- Art scholarships are open to art students wishing to pursue an initial master’s degree in Switzerland.
Art scholarships are awarded for study at any Swiss conservatory or university of the arts. This scholarship is available to students from a limited number of countries only.
The FCS assesses Switzerland scholarship applications according to three criteria:
- Candidate profile
- Quality of the research project or artistic work
- Synergies and potential for future research cooperation
For more info about the Eligibility Criteria, Scholarship Value and Application Process please select your country of origin according to your passport:
Check the application deadline and the different types of scholarship on offer. These vary according to country. You will also find details of what to do next and where to get more information.
Application Procedure for Swiss Government Scholarship 2020:
The application process for a Swiss government scholarship is free of charge. The application package can be obtained by email from the Swiss Embassy in your country.
Applications are subject to preliminary selection by the relevant national authorities and/or the Swiss diplomatic representation. The short-listed applications are then assessed by the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS), which takes the final decision.
The FCS is composed of professors from all Swiss public universities. Scholarship awards are decided on the basis of academic and scientific excellence.
- Deadlines vary from country to country. The FCS will announce its decisions regarding the new scholarship awards by the end of May at the latest.
The FCS will select scholarship holders for the 2020-21 academic year by the end of May 2020. Scholarships for the 2021-22 academic year will be advertised online from August 2020.