The application for the Swedish Institute Leader Lab 2020 in Sweden is now open. The duration of the fully-funded Swedish institute leadership program is 5 months. The man objective SI lab 2020 is to strengthen leaders who are working for gender equality. The programme is as much about personal as professional development. It is about growing as a person with renewed confidence and insights and growing as a leader with new tools, methods, and perspectives.
SI Leader Lab is a blended learning programme that runs over five months, mixing online meetings with two separate assemblies in Sweden. Work in smaller learning groups will be combined with sessions that include all participants. The training is founded on experience-based and collaborative learning and will allow you to explore real challenges and areas of development for your own organization in an innovative and supportive environment.
Swedish Institute Leader Lab 2020 will bring together 50 young influential civil society leaders in South Asia, the MENA region and Sweden who are active advocates of gender equality. The programme is an opportunity for you to develop your advocacy skills and work on strategic outreach within your focus area. It’s also an opportunity to grow as a leader, exchange experiences, form new connections and to try out innovative tools and methods with peers working in a similar context.
Are you a civil society leader in South Asia or the MENA region? Are you working for a more gender-equal world? SI Leader Lab is a program for advocates of gender equality who wish to grow in their role while exploring new tools and forms for collaboration. Apply to SI Leader Lab if you want to grow as a leader, develop your advocacy skills and share knowledge in a network of inspirational peers.
Stay in touch and keep visiting our Facebook page Scholarships Corner for live sessions and guidelines about different opportunities. We also share opportunities on our Instagram account on a daily basis. Follow us on Instagram “scholarshipscorner” and Don’t miss any opportunity.
- Swedish Institute
The program, spread over five months, mix online meetings with three weeks of intense training divided into two separate assemblies in Sweden:
- Module 1: Online (approx. 10 hours, dates to be confirmed)
- Module 2: Two weeks onsite in Stockholm, Sweden. 27 May –7 June 2020
- Module 3: Online sessions and implementation (approx. 40 hours, dates to be confirmed)
- Module 4: One week in Sweden (location and dates to be confirmed). October 2020.
The program in Sweden will be with a full-day schedule and several evening activities. Selected participants will have to commit to participating in all activities.
Costs covered and arranged by the Swedish Institute
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the programme
- Flight tickets to and from module 1 and 3 in Sweden
- Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
- Visa costs
SI Leader Lab will give you:
- Personal insights as a leader: how to lead yourself and others through increased self-awareness and increased understanding of group development.
- An opportunity to explore effective advocacy methods that will help you shape and reach out with a message to intended audiences.
- The possibility to share and build knowledge in a network of experts, to inspire each other and share experiences on common challenges.
- Insights on how to expand your networks – and how to use networks as support in your work.
You can apply to SI Leader Lab if you:
- Have a leading position (formal or informal) in a civil society organization or network working for gender equality.
- Work in a collaborative setting, where you have a leadership role (formal or informal).
- Are between 22 and 32 years old (born 1987–1997).
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- Are a citizen of Algeria, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, India, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen.
- Are available to take part in all parts of the programme.
- Are prepared to forward competences and knowledge you gain from the programme to your team, organization or other relevant actors.
- Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Egypt, India, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen
How to Apply Swedish Institute Leader Lab 2019 in Sweden?
Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the programme. These are the steps in the application process:
- Download and fill out the SI Leader Lab application form
- Go to the application portal
- Upload the completed application form in English
- Upload an updated CV in English
- Upload a letter of recommendation
- Upload a photo (not compulsory).
Evaluation of Applications:
Each application is evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Drive and motivation
- Awareness and analytical skills
- To what extent the applicant has an impact on strategic decisions within his/her organization or network
- To what extent the applicant’s organization/network is driving change in the field of gender equality
- The candidate’s possibility to both benefit from and contribute to the programme.
In the final selection, the evaluation committee will also consider group composition and will strive to put together participants with the greatest possibilities for dynamic exchange and learning, as well as for continued collaboration and networking.
- Shortlisted applicants will be informed no later than 31 May
- Interviews with shortlisted candidates: 3–14 June
Out of all applicants, only shortlisted candidates are called for interviews as a second step in the selection process. The interviews are conducted through Google Hangouts or Skype.
Due to a large number of applications, we are unfortunately not able to send personal replies to all applicants.
SI will contact 60 selected applicants by email or phone and offer them a place in the programme. SI will also compose a list of reserve candidates in case a second selection round is needed. Unfortunately, because of the large number of applicants to a limited number of seats, we have to turn down many highly qualified persons.
Please note that the offer to participate in the programme is valid only under the condition that the participant obtains a visa to travel to Sweden. SI will facilitate the visa application process, but we cannot guarantee a visa. In recent years, candidates living in conflict-ridden areas have in a few cases seen their visa applications rejected.
- The last date to apply for the Swedish Institute Leader Lab 2019 in Sweden is December 4, 2019.
Deadline is December 4, 2019