The wait is over. Finally, the most exciting SUSI 2021 Summer Exchange Program in the USA is now open for application. This is a fully-funded student exchange program for Pakistani students. There is no need for IELTS/TOEFL for SUSI 2021. The duration of the Study of the United States Institute for Student Leaders is 5-6 weeks and undergraduate students from any field of study can apply for the SUSI Student leaders – Comparative Public Policymaking Program 2021.
Both male and female students from all over the can apply for the US cultural exchange program. SUSI 2020 is one of the best short term international exchange programs. There is no application fee for this program.
Undergraduate students from Pakistan interested in the topic of Local, State, and Federal Public Policymaking are invited to apply for participation in the Study of the United States Institute for Student Leaders. The Institute will take place at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst from late June to early August 2021. The program will be intensive, academic, and highly interactive. The program sponsors seek energetic applicants who are ready to develop their skills in order to be effective leaders in their schools and communities.
SUSI 2020 Summer Exchange Program, USA:
- The United States of America
- University of Massachusetts
- The U.S. Department of State
- 6 Weeks
Financial Support of the SUSI International Exchange Program:
The SUSI 2021 student exchange program is a fully-funded scholarship for Pakistani students.
- Round Airfare
- International and Domestic Travel and ground transportation
- Health & Accidental Insurance
- Visits to different States & Sites
- Visa Fee
What is SUSI 2021?
- Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSIs) for Student Leaders are intensive short-term academic programs whose purpose is to provide groups of undergraduate student leaders with a deeper understanding of the United States while simultaneously enhancing their leadership skills.
- The Institutes will consist of a balanced series of seminar discussions, readings, group presentations, and lectures.
- The coursework and classroom activities will be complemented by educational travel, site visits, leadership activities, and volunteer opportunities within the local community.
- The Institutes will include an academic residency component and if the program is conducted in-person, an integrated study tour.
- If it is possible to conduct the Institute remotely, participants will engage in similar activities, but in a truncated virtual format from Pakistan.
- During the academic residency, participants will also have the opportunity to engage in educational and cultural activities outside of the classroom (in-person or virtual).
- The academic residency will provide participants with an overview of the U.S. Federalist system of government as well as the role of non-governmental institutions such as civic organizations, the media, and the private sector in the creation of U.S. public policy and supporting effective democracies.
- Discussions will explore the responsibilities of local and state governments, as well as the three branches of the U.S. government, the system of checks and balances, and the role of local and state governments in leading and innovating in various policy areas.
- Throughout the Institute, participants will meet with local, state, private, and not-for-profit organizations working in the field.
The eligibility criteria of the 2021 SUSI Pakistan are given below:
The participants are expected to be highly motivated first through third year undergraduate students from colleges, universities, and other institutions of higher education, who demonstrate leadership through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities. Their fields of study will be varied, and may include the sciences, social sciences, humanities, education, business, and other professional fields.
Candidates applying for this program should:
- be proficient in English;
- be interested in the topic of local, state, and federal public policymaking;
- be between 18 and 25 years of age;
- have at least one semester left of their undergraduate studies, and therefore be committed to returning to their home universities following completion of the program;
- demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university and community activities;
- indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States;
- have a sustained high level of academic achievement, as indicated by grades, awards, and teacher recommendations;
- demonstrate a commitment to community and extracurricular university activities;
- have little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States or elsewhere outside of their home country;
- be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive;
- be willing and able to fully participate in an intensive academic program, community service, and educational travel; and,
- if participating in-person, be comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country.
Note: No need for any kind of English Language Test. You don’t need to English Proficiency Certificate too.
How to Apply for the 2021 SUSI Summer Scholarship?
Complete an application form and submit it to [email protected] latest by 11:59 pm on Monday, January 04, 2021. Only emailed applications will be considered for review. Take special care in answering the essay questions. While saving the file and e-mailing the application, kindly use the following format for the subject line: Applicant Name, Name of Institution, City in which you study, for e.g. USMAN KHAN, NUST, ISLAMABAD. (This is important, please do not ignore this!)
While answering questions, please be mindful of the word limits.
Click here to download SUSI 2021 Application
Important Note: The 2021 summer program may be conducted in-person at the host institution, the University of Massachusetts, in the United States OR as a virtual program with all lectures and activities designed for online synchronous and asynchronous learning due to COVID-19 travel restrictions. Please know that even if you’re selected for the 2021 cohort, you may still not be able to participate in the in-person program.
- The application deadline for the SUSI 2021 Summer Exchange Program in the USA is January 04, 2021.