The wait is over. Finally, the most exciting SUSI 2020 Summer Exchange Program in the USA is now open for the application. This is a fully-funded student exchange program for Pakistani students. There is no need for IELTS/TOEFL for SUSI 2020. The duration of the Study of the United States Institute for Student Leaders is 5-6 weeks and undergraduate students from any field of study can apply for the SUSI Student leaders – Comparative Public Policymaking Program 2020.
Both male and female students from all over the can apply for the US cultural exchange program. SUSI 2020 is one of the best short term international exchange programs. There is no application fee for this program.
Undergraduate students from Pakistan interested in the topic of Local, State, and Federal Public Policymaking are invited to apply for participation in the Study of the United States Institute for Student Leaders. The Institute will take place at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst from late June to early August 2020. The program will be intensive, academic, and highly interactive. The program sponsors seek energetic applicants who are ready to develop their skills in order to be effective leaders in their schools and communities.
SUSI 2020 Summer Exchange Program Details:
- The United States of America
- University of Massachusetts
- The U.S. Department of State
- 6 Weeks
The SUSI 2020 student exchange program is a fully-funded scholarship for Pakistani students.
- Round Airfare
- International and Domestic Travel and ground transportation
- Health & Accidental Insurance
- Visits to different States & Sites
- Visa Fee
What is SUSI 2020?
- The six-week Institute on Comparative Public Policymaking for Student Leaders from Pakistan will be hosted by the University of Massachusetts Donahue Institute in Amherst, MA.
- The program will bring together 30 Pakistani undergraduate students with up to 15 U.S. students to address issues of public policy and democracy in the United States and comparing U.S. policy with that of Pakistan. Entitled Getting Things Done:
- The Context of Public Policy, the Institute examines questions such as: How do problems get on the public agenda? Who has the power to define a problem and how? Where do policy options come from? How are forces mobilized for and against this or that solution? How are responses actually formulated, implemented, and evaluated?
- Participants will explore the institute theme through hands-on activities including case studies, simulations, presentations, leadership activities, community service, visits with elected officials, and discussions with the local community.
- These activities coupled with lectures on policymaking at the federal, state, and local levels of government, the role of the private sector in policymaking, and various other policy topics, will weave together a strong understanding of American institutions, and how they function in practicality on a day-to-day basis.
- The Pakistani students will also travel to New York City, Boston, Charlottesville, VA and Washington, D.C. during a two-week study tour component
The eligibility criteria of the 2020 SUSI Pakistan are given below:
- Currently enrolled in a public college/university or studying in a private institution on a scholarship/financial assistance.
- If you are enrolled in a two-year bachelor’s program, you are eligible to apply if you are not in your final year of study. Final year students are not eligible to apply.
- If you are enrolled in a four-year bachelor program you can apply if you have at least one semester of study remaining. Final semester students are not eligible to apply.
- Participants must be committed to returning home to complete their degrees.
- Four Year Bachelor Program (Students enrolled in a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th semesters can apply)
- 5 Years Program (Students enrolled in a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th, 8th and 9th semesters can apply)
- have a strong interest in the topic of Women Leadership
- fluent in English
- be between 18 and 25 years of age
- demonstrate strong leadership qualities
- indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States
- have a sustained high level of academic achievement, as indicated by grades, awards, and teacher recommendations
- have demonstrated a commitment to community and extracurricular university activities
- have little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States or elsewhere outside of the home country
- be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive
- be willing and able to fully participate in an intensive academic program, community service, and educational travel
- be comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of home country.
Note: No need for any kind of English Language Test. You don’t need to English Proficiency Certificate too.
Join our Facebook group for the whole application procedure and Guidance
We are arranging a live session about the SUSI Women Leaders 2020 on our Facebook. In this live session SUSI Student leaders – Comparative Public Policymaking Program 2020 will be also discussed.
Dear All! We will be having a live session about the SUSI Women Leaders 2020 on our page. The awareness session will be…
How to Apply for the SUSI Summer Scholarship?
Complete an application form and submit it to SUSISLExchange@state.gov by Tuesday, December 17, 2019. Only emailed applications will be considered for review. Take special care in answering the essay questions. While saving the file and e-mailing the application kindly use the following format for the subject line: Applicant Name, Name of Institution, city in which you study, for e.g. USMAN KHAN, NUST, ISLAMABAD. (This is important, please do not ignore this.)
Click here to download SUSI 2020 Application
- The application deadline for the SUSI 2020 Summer Exchange Program in the USA is Tuesday, December 17, 2019.
Deadline is December 17, 2019