SUSI Exchange Program Pakistan – SUSI 2019 by has been announced and is now accepting applications. The Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSIs) for Student Leaders are intensive short-term academic programs whose purpose is to provide groups of undergraduate student leaders with a deeper understanding of the United States, while simultaneously enhancing their leadership skills.
Institutes consist of a balanced series of seminar discussions, readings, group presentations, and lectures. Coursework and classroom activities are complemented by educational travel, site visits, leadership activities, and volunteer opportunities within the local community. During the four-week academic residency, participants also have the opportunity to engage in educational and cultural activities outside of the classroom.
Undergraduate students from Pakistan interested in the topic of Local, State, and Federal Public Policymaking are invited to apply for participation in the Study of the United States Institute for Student Leaders. The Institute will take place at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst from late June to early August 2018. The program will be intensive, academic, and highly interactive. The program sponsors seek energetic applicants who are ready to develop their skills in order to be effective leaders in their schools and communities.
SUSI 2019 by US Embassy Details:
SUSI 2019 is funded by the US Department of State. The SUSI 2019 Exchange Program will cover:
- Free Accomodation
- Visa Fee
- Traveling Cost
- Local Transportation in the USA
- Airport Expenses
- Monthly Stipend
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch Dinner).
- Free Tours in the United States
The eligibility criteria for SUSI Pakistan 2019 is given below:
Students will be evaluated on the following characteristics:
- Candidates applying for this program should:
- be proficient in English;
- be interested in the topic of local, state, and federal public policymaking;
- be between 18 and 25 years of age;
- have at least one semester left of their undergraduate studies, and therefore be committed to return to their home universities following completion of the program;
- demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university and community activities;
- indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States;
- have a sustained high level of academic achievement, as indicated by grades, awards, and teacher recommendations;
- demonstrate commitment to community and extracurricular university activities;
- have little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States or elsewhere outside of their home country;
- be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive;
- be willing and able to fully participate in an intensive academic program, community service, and educational travel; and,
- be comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country.
English Language Ability:
- All candidates must be proficient in English so that they can actively participate in the academic program. Host institutions will take into account that the level of comprehension and speaking ability of students may vary, and will prepare lectures and discussions that meet the highest academic standards while using language appropriate for students where English is their second or third language.
Candidate Description and Qualifications:
The participants are expected to be highly motivated first through third year undergraduate students from colleges, universities, and other institutions of higher education, who demonstrate leadership through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities. Their fields of study will be varied, and may include the sciences, social sciences, humanities, education, business, and other professional fields.
SUSI Pakistan Alumna wrote an amazing guide about SUS Exchange Program application. You can find all the tips and tricks in this SUSI Application Guide.
Our Recent Live Session about SUSI Exchange Program with SUSI 2017 Alumna on our Facebook Page.Your all Questions are answered on this Session about susi 2019 application process and susi interview questions.
While answering questions, please be mindful of the word limits.
Also apply for some other amazing international opportunities:
- Fully Funded Hansen Summer Institute 2019 in USA
- Fully Funded Aisa Europe Foundation Student Conference in Romania
- Fully Funded Summer Sisters Exchange Program in USA
The Last Date to Apply for the SUSI 2019 Summer Exchange Program to the United States of America is December 4, 2018.
If anyone needs any help with the application process or personal statement, Please join Global Ugrad & SUSI Guidance Group, which is made to help students with application process by Global UGRAD and SUSI Alumni.
Deadline is December 4, 2018