The US Summer Sisters Exchange Program 2019 is the prestigious summer scholarship program for Female High School Students. This fully funded exchange program offers high school females an opportunity to attend pre-college summer programs at prestigious American universities.
The exchange is now part of “Let Girls Learn” initiative, funded by the U.S. Department of State and is administered by a consortium of partners, including American University, iEARN, the Society for International Education, and the US-Pakistan Women’s Council.
The U.S.- Summer Sisters Summer Exchange Program encourages gifted female high school students to imagine more for their future by allowing them to study science, leadership, international affairs, among others topics, at U.S. universities. Through the generous support of the U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Embassy in Pakistan, and the academic partners, Summer Sisters participants have developed leadership skills, gained confidence to invest in their future, and served as cultural ambassadors to the United States.
In past years, our academic partners were American University, Babson College, Barnard College, Brown University, Duke University, Eleanor Roosevelt Center, Harvard University, George Washington University, Georgetown University, Johns Hopkins University, the National Student Leadership Conference, Smith College, University of Chicago and Washington University. The U.S.- Summer Sisters Exchange Program, in its seventh year, will recruit 20 dynamic young girls, who will go through a rigorous selection process conducted by Society for International Education and the American University.
US Summer Sisters Exchange Program Details:
iEARN-Pakistan in collaboration with American University is in the process of selecting dynamic Pakistani female students to participate in the U.S. Summer Sisters Exchange Program 2019.
- United States of America (USA)
- U.S. Department of States
- All travel, academic, and living expenses will be paid by the U.S. Summer Sister Exchange Program. Upon arrival in the United States, students will be provided with mentors and connected to university resources. Upon their return home, students will be linked to resources in Pakistan, including the U.S. Embassy’s exchange alumni network.
To be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
- Female currently enrolled in High School/College (grades 10, 11, 12 and 13)
- Pakistani citizen (American citizens are not eligible)
- Age 15 to 18 on June 1st 2019 (Have Date of Birth between 1 June 2001-1 June 2004)
- Has excellent oral and written English Language skills
- Complete an application with all the required documents
- Overall minimum grade 70% in all subjects in all core subjects during the past three years
- Should come from families with moderate to low income
- Able to apply and secure a passport or already possess one that is valid for minimum one year
- Has Pakistani nationality only
- Confident enough and agree to travel and return from United States independently
Please You Must Check this Frequent Asked Questions about Summer Sisters
- You are required to obtain at least One letter of reference from someone in your school who can attest to your qualifications for participation in the program.
- If you wish, you may also include another letter of reference from a community member who knows you well. Neither of reference letters can come from a relative or friend.
- Response to short answer questions listed below. You can submit handwritten answers with clear handwriting.
- Response to essay question listed below. You can submit a handwritten essay with clear handwriting.
- Copies of mark sheets from the last three years (2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18) and NADRA B-Form.
We have arranged live facebook session on Scholarships Corner Page. In this video you will learn how to apply for US Summer Sisters Exchange Program.
Also check some other amazing opportunities:
- TFAS International Summer Exchange Program 2019 Hong Kong.
- CDLinks Summer School in Italy 2019
- Unilever Summer Internship Program 2019 in UK & Ireland
- Hansen Summer Institute in USA – Fully Funded
- The applicant submits the completed Application Form.
- Shortlisted eligible candidates move forward to the second round, which is of group
discussion and interviews.
- Shortlisted candidates from this round take the English Proficiency test and then will be shortlisted for the final selection.
- 20th November, 2018