Applications are now invited for the fully funded Summer School Scholarship 2019 in the Netherlands. The Summer program will be held between 15-26 July 2019 at the Delft University of Technology (TU Delft). The Department of Urbanism of the TU Delft and the Chair of Spatial Planning and Strategy will promote the sixth edition of the Summer School Planning and Design with Water for Sustainability in July 2019. Applications start on January 1st, 2019.
The 2019 summer school in the Netherlands is fully funded. The scholarship in the Netherlands will cover a round-trip ticket, accommodation, program fees, and pocket money.
The Summer School combines spatial planning, urban design and environmental technology to tackle issues of sustainability, climate adaptation, and water management in urban environments. It invites students to understand the theories and practices that bring together water management, urban sustainability, and spatial justice and to apply the knowledge acquired in the elaboration of a vision and a spatial plan and design for an area in the city of The Hague in The Netherlands.
The aim of the Summer School is to explore the Dutch tradition of planning and design with water and the integration of water management and sustainability into urban development within the framework of the Sustainable Development Goals and the New Urban Agenda.
Summer School Scholarship 2019 Details:
- Delft University of Technology (TU Delft).
Also, Apply for, International Summer School in Georgia – Fully Funded
- Urban design
- Spatial planning (town, urban and regional planning)
- Environmental engineering
- Water engineering
- Urban law and management
- Political sciences
- Public administration
- Areas that have a close relationship with the planning and design of sustainable cities and communities.
Summer School Duration:
- 15-26 July 2019
Summer School Dates:
Summer School Activities:
- This school includes site visits, talks with professionals and academics and a short studio-based exercise, where students and teachers will explore possibilities through the elaboration of a spatial vision, the design of a spatial strategy and spatial interventions in the city of the Hague, located in one of the most important Urbanised Delta Regions of the world.
The Netherlands scholarship includes:
- A round-trip ticket between your country of origin and Amsterdam. The ticket will be organized and bought by TU Delft upon selection of the candidate and the granting of a Dutch visa.
- The fees for the summer school (400 euros) will be waived.
- A small amount of pocket money, enough for meals and transport for 20 days in the Netherlands.
- Accommodation during your stay (you might be housed with a TU Delft student during the period of the Summer School).
Also Apply for, Tsinghua International Summer School 2019 in China
- This scholarship is intended for passport holders of countries in Sub-Saharan Africa between 22 and 28 years of age
You have to follow the instructions carefully in order to apply for the scholarship. If you fail to deliver one of the items required, we will not be able to take your candidacy into account.
- You need to write an 800-word motivation letter
- A short CV (max two A4s) with your main achievements.
- A short movie (3 minutes max)
- A recommendation letter from a teacher
How to Apply for Summer School Scholarship 2019?
- Put all your materials in a digital folder titled with your NAME+AFRICA (you can compress the files if they are too big), a short note explaining what the email is about, and send the file to firstname.lastname@example.org via the website https://wetransfer.com until 30 April 2019. Please write “SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA Scholarship” in the subject field. You will receive a notification. If wetransfer.com doesn’t work in your country, please make a ZIP file and transfer it to the address above. Please do not use DROPBOX or other transfer methods
- You need to comply with ALL REQUIREMENTS to be eligible for this scholarship. (The only item we are flexible about is the short movie, but you need to give us a very good reason not to make a movie).
- Fill in the online form carefully to study in Netherlands, and don’t forget to mark the option “Sub-Saharan African Scholarship”. Fill in the form below:
- Deadline for application is 15 April 2019. Selection for the Summer School starts on 16 April 2019 and results are published on 30 April 2019.