If you are under 40 years old, carrying out the great work of transforming the lives of socially excluded people in your community—for example, street children, disabled persons, albinos, and in some societies, twins— in Africa, The Social Inclusion Heroes (SIH) would like to hear your story.
Stories will be judged on four points:
- (a) clarity
- (b) the quality of information provided
- (c) the relevance of the activity regarding social inclusion
- and (d) the results.
Writer of the winning story
- May become one of the Social Inclusion Heroes,
- Could win a trip to Washington, D.C., and other prizes.
To apply for the competition the participant has to be:
- Aged 40 or under on December 1, 2017
- Living in a sub-Saharan country where the World Bank has an office
However, World Bank Group staff and their dependents cannot participate.
Eligible Regions: Open For All Sub-Saharan Countries
Submission deadline. December 15, 2017. Late submissions will be disqualified automatically
Language. The story must be in one of these three languages: English, French, or Portuguese.