Stipendium Hungaricum is a international scholarship program for international students. It is founded by the Hungarian Government in 2013. The aim of this program is to promote cultural understanding, economic and cultural relations between Hungary and other countries.
Each year a large number of students from all around the world apply for higher education studies in Hungary. The number of applicants from all over the world is continuously increasing as well as the number of available scholarship places. In the academic year, 2017/2018 around 4000 students can begin their studies in Hungary in the framework of the Stipendium Hungaricum Programme.
- Click here to check the list of Host Institutions and Institutional Programme Coordinators
- Bachelor, Masters and Doctoral Programs
- Partial (Exchange) Study Programmes
Fields of Study:
- List of eligible study programmes determined in the educational cooperation agreements in effect between Hungary and the specific Sending Partner – Click here
Provisions Covered by the Scholarship:
- Tuition-free education
- Monthly stipend
- non-degree, bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly amount of HUF 40 460 (cca EUR 130) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
- doctoral level: according to the current Hungarian legislation, the monthly amount of scholarship is HUF 140 000 (cca EUR 450) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180 000 (cca EUR 580) for the second phase (4 semesters) – for 12 months a year, until completion of studies. Please see details in section 1.2.1.
- Accommodation contribution
- free dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40 000/month to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period
- Please note that if the student does not live in the dormitory, then the HUF 40 000/month is a contribution to that rental costs, and in bigger cities – especially in the capital city – this contribution would not cover the full amount of rental costs.
- Medical insurance
- health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (cca EUR 205) a year/person
Eligible Sending Partners:
For full time programmes, students can apply from the following Sending Partners: Arab Republic of Egypt, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia*, Federative Republic of Brazil, Federal Republic of Nigeria, Georgia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Japan, Kingdom of Cambodia, Kingdom of Morocco, Kingdom of Thailand, Kurdistan Regional Government/Iraq, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanese Republic, Macedonia, Mongolia*, Pacific Alliance (member states: Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru), Palestine*, People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria, People’s Republic of Bangladesh, People’s Republic of China (including the Hudec* scholarships), Republic of Albania, Republic of Angola, Republic of Azerbaijan*, Republic of Belarus, Republic of Cabo Verde, Republic of Colombia, Republic of Cuba, Republic of Ecuador, Republic of Ghana, Republic of India, Republic of Indonesia, Republic of Iraq, Republic of Kazakhstan, Republic of Kenya*, Republic of Korea, Republic of Kosovo, Republic of Moldova, Republic of the Union of Myanmar, Republic of Paraguay, Republic of Serbia, Republic of Singapore, Republic of South Africa, Republic of the Philippines, Republic of Turkey, Republic of Yemen, Russian Federation*, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, State of Israel, State of Kuwait, Syrian Arab Republic, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Tunisian Republic, Turkmenistan*, Ukraine, United Mexican States, United Republic of Tanzania.
For partial (exchange) study programmes, students can apply from the following Sending Partners: Federative Republic of Brazil, Japan, Kingdom of Cambodia, Lebanese Republic, Mongolia*, People’s Republic of China (only Hudec* applicants), Republic of Albania, Republic of Belarus, Republic of India, Republic of Korea, Republic of Turkey, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Russian Federation*, Syrian Arab Republic, United Mexican States.
- Online Application Form
- Motivation Letter
- Proof of language proficiency and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- School certificates andtheir translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Transcript of Records and its translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Medical Certificate
- Copy of Identification Document
- Acceptance of Statement for Application in the online system
Additional Documents for Doctoral Level:
- Research Plan
- Letters of Recommendation
Additional Documents for Art and Music Applicants:
- Audio Portfolio
- 16 February 2018