Apply for the Stanford University Stanford University Fully Funded Fellowships for International Scholars in USA, 2018. is offering fellowships for pre-doctoral and post-doctoral students at the Center for Democracy, Development and the Rule of Law (CDDRL) for the 2018-2019 academic year. Applications from around the world can apply.
Since 2002, the Center on Democracy, Development and the Rule of Law (CDDRL) at Stanford University has collaborated widely with academics, policymakers and practitioners around the world to advance knowledge about the conditions for and interactions among democracy, broad-based economic development, human rights, and the rule of law.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Fellowships are available for conducting research.
- Fellowships are awarded in any of the four program areas of democracy, development, evaluating the efficacy of democracy promotion and rule of law.
- Pre-doctoral fellows receive stipends comparable to that awarded by the Stanford Graduate Fellowships program; the Center also pays non-matriculated student tuition for pre-doctoral fellows as required by Stanford University. Post-doctoral fellows receive salaries commensurate with experience and with consideration given to university established minimums for a term period of 9 months. Healthcare and other benefits are also provided as required by Stanford University for both pre- and post-doctoral fellows.
- The Center expects to award two or more fellowships for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- International Students
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applications from around the world can apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Pre-doctoral fellows must be enrolled currently in a doctoral program or equivalent through the time of intended residency at Stanford, and must be at the dissertation write up (post course work) phase of their doctoral program. Post-doctoral fellows must have earned their PhD within 3 years of the start of the fellowship, or plan to have successfully defended their Ph.D. dissertations by July 31, 2018.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- January 13, 2018