The Skoll Scholarship in the UK is a competitive scholarship for incoming MBA students to the University of Oxford. The duration of the MBA Scholarship is one-year and selected will be studying at said Business School. The Scholarship provides funding and exclusive opportunities to meet with world-renowned entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and investors.
The Skoll Scholarship provides funding for entrepreneurs who have set up or have been working in entrepreneurial initiatives with a social purpose or who have pursued an impact career, and who wish to improve their knowledge of market-oriented practices so they can be more effective in their subsequent social change pursuits.
The UK Scholarship is given in recognition that the MBA may represent a significant financial burden, particularly for those who have chosen to work in the social impact/innovation space rather than the purely commercial or public sectors.
Skoll Scholarship 2020 Details:
- United Kingdom
- Said Business School, University of Oxford
- The Skoll Scholarship is funded by a generous grant from the Skoll Foundation and is administered by the Skoll Centre, which is based at the Saïd Business School, University of Oxford.
Best International Scholarships 2019:
- Chevening Scholarship 2020 in the UK by UK Government – Fully Funded
- Singapore International Graduate Award 2020 – Fully Funded
- Canadian Government Scholarships 2020-2021
- Master’s Degree Program
- One Year
Field of Study:
- Master of Business Administration
No. of Scholarships:
- The Skoll Centre typically awards up to four scholarships every year.
Why apply to be a Skoll Scholar?
- Receive exclusive opportunities to meet with world-renowned entrepreneurs, thought-leaders, and investors
- Take your social impact to the next level
- Gain professional leadership and business skills
- Become part of the Skoll Scholar community, a group of leaders who are positively impacting the world through innovation and systems change
- The University of Oxford, UK covers the full costs of tuition and college fees for the MBA program at Saïd Business School, University of Oxford.
- The Scholarship also covers partial living expenses of at least an additional £14,777.
In addition to financial support, the Scholarship provides access to the Skoll Scholar community, a group of leaders who are positively impacting the world through innovation and systems change, as well as exclusive opportunities to meet with world-renowned entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and investors.
Are you eligible for the Skoll Scholarship?
1. Entrepreneurial action
- You have identified opportunities and taken action in order to make a positive social impact
- You have spent preferably at least 3 years driving change through entrepreneurial approaches. For example, you could have:
- Started or grown a social venture
- OR created and led the expansion of a social impact initiative within an organization
- OR been tackling a specific social/environmental issue, through a core thread that unites your work
2. Creating impact with a focus on systems change
- You can demonstrate the outcomes and impact of your entrepreneurial action
- Your impact addresses unjust systems and practices in your area of work
3. Personal qualities of a social entrepreneur
- You are a force for positive change
- You are single-minded and persistent, with a willingness to fail and start again
- You have a bias toward action
- You have a tendency to explore your environment for opportunities and resources
- You have a willingness to take personal, and sometimes financial, risks
- You develop networks and leverage members to pursue mutual goals
- You have apprenticed with the problem* or experienced the problem you are trying to solve
4. The Oxford MBA is critical to your career trajectory
- You can demonstrate why business education is essential in helping to develop your work/impact at this stage
5. Financial need
- You are in a position where the cost of the program is a significant financial burden
- You can demonstrate the need for the Scholarship (for example, due to previous work experiences or personal circumstances)
How to Apply for MBA Scholarships 2020?
To apply for the Skoll Scholarship follow these steps:
- Connect with us to register your interest in the Scholarship and make sure you’re kept up to date with announcements about upcoming deadlines.
- Apply for the MBA program directly to Saïd Business School. You’ll need to do this during stages 1,2, or 3 of the MBA admissions process for the 2020-21 academic year. See details below on applying for an MBA admissions fee waiver.
- Upload your answers to the Skoll Scholarship essay questions as part of your MBA application, and submit your MBA application! You’ll find the Scholarship essay questions under the “Funding” section of the MBA application. We would advise that you allow yourself about 1-weeks’ time to answer the Skoll Scholarship essay questions.
- The MBA Admissions Team will then assess your application to ensure you meet the academic requirements sought by the Saïd Business School and determine if you are accepted onto the MBA program or not.
- If you’ve received confirmation that you have been accepted onto the MBA program, keep an eye on your emails as the Skoll Centre will send you a link to the second part of the Scholarship application, which is a Logistics and Reference Form. See timelines below to know when to expect this email.
- Complete the Logistics and Reference Form. This consists of a series of short questions about you, how you heard about the Scholarship, your references, etc. Please note, your referees will not be contacted unless you get to the final stages of the selection process.
- That’s it! The Skoll Centre will then consider your candidacy for the Scholarship and advise you accordingly.
- They cannot consider candidates who have not submitted their Scholarship essays, been accepted by the Saïd Business School for the MBA and completed the Logistics and Reference Form by the appropriate deadlines.
- We typically award up to four scholarships per year.
- Please note, should your MBA application be successful, a deposit is required in order to secure your place on the MBA program. However, deposit deadlines will be extended to those who advance throughout the Skoll Scholarship selection process. This will be coordinated with the Admissions Team.
- Please do not request the Logistics and Reference Form from the Admissions Team – you will need to complete the Scholarship essays as part of your MBA application and you will receive the Logistics and Reference Form from the Skoll Centre via email following your acceptance to the MBA program on the date listed below.
- If you have further questions about the application process, please check FAQs. If you still have questions, you can contact us at email@example.com and we’ll do our best to help.
- Apply by 10 January 2020