The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
PhD training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS or SUTD. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU, NUS or SUTD.
- This award is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
- PhD Projects
Also Visit: Fully Funded Mext Research Scholarships Japan
- Attractive monthly stipend over 4 years of PhD studies
- The stipend amount is SGD 24,000 annually, to be increased to SGD 30,000 after passing Qualifying Examination
- Full support for tuition fees for 4 years of PhD studies
- One-time SGD 1,000 Settling-in Allowance*
- One-time Airfare Grant of SGD 1,500*
- Total Estimated Cost of Living: 1,400 – 2,000
- Open for application by all international students
- Graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
The above eligibility are not exhaustive. SINGA may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
- Identification card or Passport
- A recent passport-sized photo (In .jpeg or .png format)
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred.
- 2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results are optional. However, do note that you may be requested by the university to submit satisfactory scores as part of the university admission requirement.
How to Apply:
Application must be submitted through the online application system. Please ensure that the information you provide during account registration in the application portal is accurate, as the information will be used for verification upon your first log-in.
- 1 June 2018 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore time)
- Please ensure that you apply for the correct scholarship – “Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)” – in the application portal after logging in.
- Please do NOT mail any hard copy documents to the SINGA Office.
- Please submit your applications as early as possible. This will provide ample time for your referees to submit their online recommendation reports before the application deadline, as only applications with 2 recommendation reports will be processed.
- Please check and ensure that all data you have entered in the online application form is correct and accurate before you submit the application. Amendments to the application will NOT be possible after it is submitted.