Call for applications for Silk Road Scholarship Program 2019 by Chinese Government. Chinese Government Scholarship-Silk Road Program is a full scholarship in china established by Ministry of Education to support Chinese universities to attract outstanding international students from Belt and Road Countries for studying in China.
China Three Gorges University is in Yichang City, Hubei province, China. The university is in Xiling District, near to the Xiling Gorge, one of the Three Gorges. The campus occupies 200 hectares, and the total building area comprises 830,000 m². The libraries consist of 2,000,000 volumes.
The Chinese Government Scholarships (CGS) are offered by the Chinese Scholarship Council to non-chinese students (International Students) in world ranked chinese universities affiliated with CSC.
Silk Road Scholarship Program 2019 Details:
- Bachelor’s Degree Programs
Fields of Study:
China Three Gorges University (CTGU) is one of the prestigious universities designated to undertake this program to recruit students for studying the following two majors.
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor in Hydraulic & Water Resources Engineering
- Four years for degree program study in CTGU. One year for foundation courses if necessary. The scholarship covers both of the major study and preparatory study, as specified in the Admission Letter.
The China Scholarship 2019 will cover:
- Tuition waiver
- Free accommodation. (Personal expenses such as water, electricity, internet, TV signal, and damage compensation are excluded)
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Registration fee
- Monthly living allowance: 2500RMB (This will be issued according to the actual months the student’s stay in CTGU. In circumstances that the student is in CTGU for less than a full month, for instance, in the beginning or the end of the semester, half of the amount will be issued if the student stays in CTGU for less than 15 days of the month; full amount will be issued if the student is in CTGU for more than 15 days of the month.
- International travel expenses: Self-afforded
- 18-25 years old; foreign passport holders of Belt & Road Countries;
- Chinese Friendly; good physical and mental health; hardworking; academically excellent;
- High School graduate with Excellent Results;
- Valid HSK certificate level four or above;
- Applicants who do not have HSK 4 certificate should take one year Foundation course in designated University before entering degree program in China Three Gorges University.
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship of CGS system (written in Chinese or English);
- Completed Application Form for International Student of CTGU system (written in Chinese or English);
- Notarized highest diploma or degree certificate issued directly by school or university with official stamp and signature;
- Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English);
- Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- A Study Plan within 200 words (written in Chinese or English);
- Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English);
- Scanned copy of valid ordinary passport (personal information page).
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy) It must be written in English and can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org
- The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- Non-Criminal Record Certificate issued by Public Security Authorities.
- The copy of valid HSK Certificate or English language Proficiency Certificate (if available).
- A five-minute video clip to introduce yourself in English or Chinese. (Please send the video named by the passport number and your full name to our official email)
Note: It’s unnecessary to send us hard copies of the above application documents until we inform the applicants who passed the preliminary evaluation and send you the pre-admission letter.
How to Apply Silk Road Scholarship Program 2019?
Register and submit your online application at the CSC Online Application System for International Students at http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login. The code of China Three Gorges University is 11075. Please Choose Program category type B which refers to scholarship programs responsible by Chinese universities under Chinese Government Scholarship. Please download and print a hard copy of the “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship” after you complete the form.
Register and submit your online application at China Three Gorges University Online Application System for International Students at http://lsx.ctgu.edu.cn, submit online the completed “Application Form for International students of China Three Gorges University” and required application documents listed below:
- The last date to apply for Silk Road Scholarship Program 2019 by Chinese Government is 30th April. 2019.
The nominated candidates will be informed around the middle of May. The final result will be informed at the end of June. The official admission documents will be delivered at the beginning of July, 2019.