Call for applications for Short Film Contest 2019. In celebration of Doha as the OIC Youth Capital 2019, the Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF), in partnership with the Ministry of Culture and Sports of the State of Qatar, Doha Film Institute and Qatar Cultural and Heritage Events Center, announces the “Short Films Contest“ under the theme of “Youth is the power of Nation“ in framework of Doha Youth Innovation Awards.
Films must highlight the importance of youth and their role in the communities and the Islamic Nation. Films reflect and display creativity and unique skills in storytelling. Best three films will be selected for prizes and a free trip to Qatar.
Doha – OIC Youth Capital 2019 is a program designed both for the city and the State of Qatar. “The International OIC Youth Capital Programme” adopted by the 3rd Session of the Islamic Conference of Youth and Sport Ministers (ICYSM) held in Istanbul, the Republic of Turkey, on 5-7 October 2016; and Resolution No.: 8/43-C adopted by the 43rd Session of the OIC Council of Foreign Ministers (CFM) held in Tashkent, the Republic of Uzbekistan, on 18-19 October 2016. Selection of Doha (State of Qatar) as the OIC Youth Capital for 2019 was adopted and endorsed by the ICYF 3rd General Assembly, held on 22-24 October 2018 in Istanbul, Republic of Turkey.
ICYF Short Film Contest 2019 Details:
Doha Youth Innovation Award Event Theme:
- Short Films “The Nation By its Youth”
The jury committee will be formed to choose the best 5 films to be screened during the closing ceremony of Doha, Capital of Islamic Youth events on January 17, 2020. Only 3 films will be awarded:
- 1st Prize: 30,000 QAR
- 2nd Prize: 25,000 QAR
- 3rd Prize: 20,000 QAR
Popular International Opportunities 2019:
- International Media Training Camp 2019 in Turkey – Fully Funded
- International Startup Summit 2019 in Istanbul, Turkey – Fully Funded
- The host country will cover travel expenses to and from the participant’s country of residence as well as internal transportation, accommodation, and meals.
Aims of Al Doha – OIC Youth Capital 2019:
- Introduce Doha, the cradle of civilizations sheltering Islamic cultural heritage,
- Foreground the significance of Doha in terms of having a symbolic significance in inter-cultural and inter-civilizational dialogue,
- Present the vision of Doha in international platforms through the outcomes of the activities such as youth forums, innovation networks, simulation camps, and creativity awards,
- Reflect the soul of Doha through the sense of productivity, dynamism, energy, and synergy of youth,
- Emphasize the importance of tolerance, hospitality, dialogue, and sportsmanship through the tournaments which will be hosted in Doha.
- Participants must be from 18 to 30 years old for both genders.
- Participation is allowed to young people of the OIC Member States or youth representatives of non-OIC Member States.
- The participant must adhere to the event’s regulations and procedures as stated by the organizing committee.
Technical Criteria for Participation in the Short Films Theme:
- The participation would be open from June 16 to November 1, 2019, through registration and following up the participation steps on the website. This is an essential step for those wishing to participate.
- Only one film is allowed per participant
- The length of the film should be between 1 and 5 minutes.
- The film may be presented in any language but must include translation in both Arabic and English (if your film is presented in either Arabic or English, you must include a translation for either language only)
- You must obtain written permission from each person shown in your film, and the written consent of the owner of any site you use in your film.
- Avoid filming brand names in your movie.
- Your film should not be uploaded online, on social media or other public platforms before and after it is sent to us. (If your film did not win, you can, of course, upload your film on any of these platforms after 2019).
- Your film should not have participated in any previous film festivals or contests.
- The jury shall be allowed to decide to exclude any of the submitted films if they do not meet the specified rules.
- Decisions of works selection and arbitration committees are final and may not be objected or challenged.
- The sent film file shall bear the person’s first and last name (in English).
- The Ministry of Culture and Sports and its assistants are entitled to use the winning films while maintaining the intellectual property of the work’s owner.
- The films are to be uploaded to the event’s link, and no other means of sending the films would be accepted.
Registration and Participation Mechanism:
- The participation form shall be sent before the specified deadline for the registration for the event.
- Curriculum Vitae and required information should be attached through the following link on the website of Doha, Capital of Islamic Youth.
- The selected winners will receive an invitation to participate in the closing ceremony of Doha, Capital Islamic Youth 2020 via their emails as indicated in the registration form.
- November 1, 2019
The closing ceremony of Doha, Capital of Islamic Youth events on January 17, 2020.
❗️ONLY SELECTED PARTICIPANTS WILL BE INFORMED❗️⠀