Applications are invited for the fully funded Senior Fellowship Programme 2019-20 in Geneva, Switzerland. Selected candidates will be joining CERN which is one of the world best research centers. The duration of the CERN fellowship in Switzerland is between six months (minimum) up to a maximum of 36 months.
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world’s largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter – fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact and provide insights into the fundamental laws of nature.
This Programme is aimed at graduates from universities or higher technical institutes in a wide range of applied sciences, computing and engineering with between 4 and 10 years’ experience. Senior Fellowships are intended for MSc or Ph.D. graduates looking to work in a research group.
Senior Fellowship Programme 2019 Details:
- Between six months (minimum) up to a maximum of 36 months.
CERN would very much like to benefit from your expertise, commitment, and passion. In return, CERN will provide you with:
- An employment contract for between six months (minimum) up to a maximum of 36 months.
- A stipend ranging from 7,113 to 8,078 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive health scheme (for yourself, your spouse and children), and membership of the CERN Pension Fund.
- Depending on your individual circumstances: an installation grant, family, child and infant allowances as well as travel expenses to and from Geneva.
- 2.5 days of paid leave per month.
In order to qualify for a place on the programme you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State (https://home.cern/about/member-states). A limited number of positions are also available to candidates from the Non-Member States.
- You have a Ph.D., or at least 4 years’ relevant experience since the completion of your MSc (or the equivalent diploma which gives access to doctoral programmes), and in both cases a maximum limit of 10 years’ experience after completion of your MSc.
- Please note that CERN Staff members are not eligible to apply for a Fellowship.
How to Apply for Senior Fellowship Program?
You will need the following documents (in PDF format) to complete your application:
- A CV.
- Your most recent relevant qualification.
- Three recent letters of recommendation (not older than a year at the time of the deadline for applications), giving an overview of your academic and/or professional achievements.
- You can upload these letters at the time of application if you have them to hand. You will also be provided with a link as soon as you have submitted your application to forward to your referees to upload their letters confidentially. Please note this must be done before the closing date.
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents (except recommendations letters) or edit your application further.
Please note that all the documents you upload will remain attached to your Smartrecruiters profile. You do not need to upload them again for other applications you might submit.
- All applications should normally reach us no later than 2 September 2019 at noon (12.00 PM CET).