Applications are invited for SDG’s&Her Competition 2019. It is an initiative of the World Bank and the Wharton School’s Zicklin Center for Business Ethics Research, in collaboration with UN Women and UNDP.
In 2015, all 193 United Nations member countries signed on to 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to “create the future we want in 2030.”
SDGs & Her is an online competition for women micro-entrepreneurs to showcase how they are supporting the SDGs through their business operations.
Winners will receive leadership training, mentoring and will be flown to Washington DC, for an event at the World Bank Group-IMF Spring Meetings in April 2019 , where they will showcase their achievements.
- United States of America
- World Bank and the Wharton School’s Zicklin Center for Business Ethics Research, in collaboration with UN Women and UNDP.
- United States, Wharton School’s Zicklin Center for Business Ethics Research
- Winners will receive leadership training, mentoring and will be flown to Washington DC, for an event at the World Bank Group-IMF Spring Meetings in April 2019, where they will showcase their achievements.
What are Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)?
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), otherwise known as the Global Goals, are a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity.
These 17 Goals build on the successes of the Millennium Development Goals, while including new areas such as climate change, economic inequality, innovation, sustainable consumption, peace and justice, among other priorities. The goals are interconnected – often the key to success on one will involve tackling issues more commonly associated with another.
The 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs) to transform our world:
- GOAL 1: No Poverty
- GOAL 2: Zero Hunger
- GOAL 3: Good Health and Well-being
- GOAL 4: Quality Education
- GOAL 5: Gender Equality
- GOAL 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
- GOAL 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
- GOAL 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- GOAL 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- GOAL 10: Reduced Inequality
- GOAL 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- GOAL 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- GOAL 13: Climate Action
- GOAL 14: Life Below Water
- GOAL 15: Life on Land
- GOAL 16: Peace and Justice Strong Institutions
- GOAL 17: Partnerships to achieve the Goal
To be eligible you must:
- be a woman owner of a business that has been in operation for at least 3 years
- own a micro-enterprise, with at least 1 and no more than 9 employees
- have a loan eligibility of under USD $10,000 or annual sales of under USD $100,000
If you participated in the 2018 season of the SDGs&Her competition, then you may use the same username and password. If you have forgotten your password or need to reset your password, please do so on the homepage
- Open to All
How to Apply for SDG’s&Her Competition 2019?
Click on the Apply Now button below, Register and start filling the online application.
- The deadline for the competition closed on December 31, 2018