After the huge success of Salamti Fellowship Program last year, Shaoor Foundation for Education & Awareness is coming back with its Cohort – II. The Salamti Fellowship Program: SFP is an extensive 1-week residential fellowship program for the peace seekers aged between 18-35 years from all across Pakistan, to be hosted at Bhurban.
Fellows could be but not limited to alumni of Peace Camps, Ambassadors, social leaders who would be willing to work as Master Trainers. They would also be actively engaged in peacebuilding activities in respective districts. The idea is to provide enough knowledge, experience, expertise, motivation and support network linked with peace experts and mentors that could create an ecosystem of peace-builders who would play their part in their particular communities. The alumni of Program as master trainers would provide guidance to ‘newcomers’.
Peace Without Borders (Pakistan) is an independent initiative from the platform of Shaoor Foundation for Education and Awareness that focuses on Countering Violent Extremism (CVE), Building a Counter-Narrative (Peace Narrative) in the Pakistani Society, Peace Education based on Compassion, All Inclusiveness, and Nonviolence (CAN)
The idea of Peace without Borders was conceived in May 2015 and it’s informal phase was launched and registered on 16th December 2015 at SFEA’s head office in Islamabad. Building and emerging from powerful and established platform of SFEA, Peace Without Borders would work both nationally and internationally connecting the peace builders and seekers at one common platform. The long-term goal of the PWB is to make one global platform where peace seekers and developers from around the world could connect and share their efforts.
Salamti Fellowship Program 2019 Details:
- Shaoor Foundation for Education and Awareness (SFEA)
- 7 Days
- The peace fellowship will start on the 19th of July, 2019 till the 26th of July, 2019.
NO. OF PARTICIPANTS:
- Shaoor Foundation for Education and Awareness (SFEA) will be responsible for managing all the accommodation related arrangements of the selected participants.
- Partial travel allowance (amount to be disclosed at a later stage) will be provided to all the selected participants by Shaoor Foundation, rest of the contribution will be on their own.
The eligibility criteria of the Salamti Fellowship in Pakistan is given below:
- be under the age of 35;
- must be interested in the topic of peacebuilding and tolerance;
- demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university/organizations and community activities;
- must have completed the online Self Peace Development Course;
- must have submitted the detailed Salamti Fellowship Cohort-II Application Form;
- must have undertaken one special assignment that would include a community engagement driven activity on the subjects of peace and Countering Violent Extremism (CVE);
- must appear in the final interview (telephonic/skype/in person).
- must be willing and be able to fully participate in the 7-day peace fellowship.
If you have any questions, please click on FAQs
How to Apply for Salamti Fellowship Program 2019 at PC Bhurban?
In order for you to become a part of Salamti Fellowship (7 Day Residential Peace Fellowship), we would request you to kindly complete all the pre-requisites which includes an online Self Peace Development Course and an application form.
The online course is the first step to qualify for Salamti Fellowship. It is required by every participant to complete the course and share their feedback with us – which will give the applicant a detailed overview of the basic concepts of social peacebuilding.
Here’s a link to the step by step guide that tells you how to take the course and fill the application form:
What will increase our chances of selection?
The increased chance of your selection for the fellowship depends on a number of components. from filling out the Online Self Peace Development Course and Salamti Fellowship Cohort-II Application Form. Once this is done, the shortlisted candidates would be required to carry out one Special Assignment activity to increase their chances of selection. Furthermore, preference would be given to individuals who already have an on-ground presence through their initiatives or affiliated with some organization working for peace, tolerance, social justice and in other related domains. The prior related experience will help you to replicate the learned strategies in your communities, but this doesn’t mean you can’t apply. It is strongly recommended that even if you don’t have prior experience, but a passion for peacebuilding – you should apply.
- Deadline for submitting your answers for the course and application form is 25th May 2019.
Deadline is May 25, 2019