The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Romanian State is offering to foreign citizens, based on G.D. 288/1993, for the academic year 2018 – 2019.
Minstry of Foreign Affairs of Romania
- Doctoral (PhD)
The scholarships are awarded for 3 study cycles:
- a) For the first cycle (licenta): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of high schools or of equivalent pre-university studies, as well as to candidates who require the continuation of their studies in Romania. The complete cycle of university studies lasts for 3 to 6 years, according to the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a final examination (licenta).
- b) For the 2nd cycle (master): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of university/post-graduate studies; it lasts for 1,5 to 2 years and ends with a dissertation.
- c) For the 3rd cycle (doctorate) this scheme is dedicated to the graduates of university/postgraduate studies (i.e. master); it lasts for 3-4 years, in keeping with the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a doctor’s thesis. Admission to a PhD course is conditioned by an entrance examination.
More information is available in APPENDIX 3.
Fields of Study:
- Political and administrative sciences
- Education sciences
- Romanian culture and civilization
- Journalism, technical studies
- Oil and gas
- Agricultural sciences
- Veterinary medicine
- Visual arts.
For more information, please see APPENDIX 4.
No. of Scholarships:
- 85 Scholarships
- Free-of-charge tuition,
- Free-of-charge accommodation (depending on availability, accommodation will be offered free-of-charge in students halls of residence, in keeping with the higher education regulations and within the limits of the sums available for this purpose),
- Financial support – a monthly amount representing :
- The equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for under-graduate students (1st cycle),
- The equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle,
- he equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for post graduate students (doctorate degree) 3rd cycle.
These scholarships do not cover food, international and local transport. The candidates must be prepared to personally support any other additional expenses.
- Foreign citizens coming from all the states of the world, except for EU member states. Foreign citizens of Romanian origin and those belonging to the neighboring historic Romanian communities benefit from other scholarship programs.
- The applicant for the scholarship must not hold Romanian citizenship, did not request or did not obtain a form of protection in Romania, is not a stateless person whose residence on Romanian territory is officially recognized according to the law, is not a member of the diplomatic corps accredited to Bucharest or member of family of the diplomatic corps accredited in Romania, has not benefited from a scholarship from the Romanian state on the same course of study.
- The applicant for the scholarship must present study papers issued by accredited / recognized educational institutions, have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case.
- The applicant for the scholarship has not, until 31 December of the year in which he / she was nominated, more than 35 years of age – for bachelor and master studies and 45 years respectively – for doctoral studies or for postgraduate studies, including health field.
- In order to promote the Romanian language and culture among foreign citizens, the beneficiaries of scholarships granted by the Romanian state should study only in the Romanian language. The candidates who do not know Romanian are offered one supplementary preparatory year to study the language.
The application file must contain the following documents:
- Official letter issued by the diplomatic mission of the country of origin accredited to Bucharest or the diplomatic mission of Romania in the country of origin or residence;
- The MFA application form (Appendix 1) for a scholarship in Romania, filled in correctly;
- The MNE application form (Appendix 2) for the issue of the Letter of acceptance to study in Romania;
- Legalized copies of the obtained study diplomas (baccalaureate diploma or its equivalent + bachelor’s, master’s and doctor’s degrees, if any) and their legalized translation into one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian, if required;
- Legalized copies of matriculation sheets / diploma supplements related to graduate studies and their legalized translation, if applicable;
- Legalized copy of the birth certificate and certified translation in one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian;
- Copy of the first 3 pages of the passport;
- The medical certificate attesting to the fact that the person enrolling in the study does not have contagious diseases or other conditions incompatible with the required studies;
- Curriculum Vitae of the applicant;
- Recent photos – 2 pieces, passport format.
The files will also be filled in with the following documents (only for candidates falling within the specific category mentioned for each document):
Proof of name change (if applicable) – copy and legalized translation;
The certificate attesting the passing of the baccalaureate, bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral exam, as the case may be, for current year’s graduates – copy and certified translation;
Certificate of graduation of the Romanian preparatory year or Language Proficiency Certificate, if applicable;
Declaration on parental consent in case of juvenile candidates (in one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian).
How to Apply:
Application files must be submitted through diplomatic missions. Application files submitted by post or directly to the MFA or to the MNE, as well as application files received after the announced deadline will not be taken into consideration.
- 07-02-2018 in Romanian Embassy in Islamabad (Please go to Romanian Embassy website to check the deadline, if you are not from Pakistan.)