Applications are invited for the Red Cross Internship Program 2018 for Pakistani Students. Students and graduates of law and/or social sciences can now apply for the Internship Program 2018 at the International Committee of the Red Cross (Islamabad and Peshawar).
These internships allows for a general understanding of the ICRC, its mandate, activities and IHL; and provide an opportunity for students to gain exposure to a real work environment of the ICRC. This process of engagement allows for an enhanced image within the student community and a responsible image within the academic community.
The interns will provide legal, technical and administrative support to the Communication department and to other aspects of the Sub Delegation’s activities such as organizing IHL seminars, competitions, translation of legal documents, etc.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Pakistan
- Peshawar & Pakistan
- Three Months
- Starts from 1 March, 2018
- law and/or social sciences
- Recruited interns will be offered a 3-month paid contract with monthly stipend of PKR 15000/. The positions are based at ICRC, Islamabad and Peshawar. Please note that ICRC will not provide any kind of boarding and lodging facility.
They are looking for candidates who meet the following, mandatory requirements:
- Student should be enrolled in an undergraduate or Post Graduate Degree in the field of law and/or Social Sciences (International Relations, Communications/Media Relations, Defence & Diplomatic Studies/ Peace & Conflict Studies and similar disciplines) in a recognised University/College, based in Pakistan.
- Graduates who had finished their studies in one of the above-mentioned disciplines not later than a year from the date of commencement of the internship.
- A good command of spoken and written English and Urdu.
- Available for minimum 3 months or more,
- Starting as soon as possible.
- Students from universities that are partnering with ICRC or have organised/attended any ICRC event such as Henry Dunant Moot Court Competition, Half/One Day IHL Seminar, and Two-Day IHL Certificate Course etc are only eligible to apply (Please find below list of universities eligible for internship program).
- Applications that do not fulfil the above conditions will not be considered.
Successful candidates will also meet the following criteria:
- A manifest interest for humanitarian action/issues and the ICRC.
- Ability to think strategically, to express ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, and to work
- both independently and as part of a team.
- Capacity for research and analytical writing.
- Capacity for thinking out-of-the-box and for generating ideas and initiatives.
- Flexibility and ability to assist with a variety of tasks.
The deadline of the Red Cross Internship Program 2018 is:
- 15th February, 2018