Call for applications for the Queen’s Commonwealth Trust Scholarship to attend OYW Summit 2019 in London, United Kingdom. The fully funded international conference 2019 will take place in London from 22nd October 2019 to 25th October 2019. One Young World is delighted to offer this scholarship in partnership with the Queen’s Commonwealth Trust to connect young leaders driving positive social impact in the Commonwealth with the opportunity to attend One Young World conference in 2019.
The Commonwealth is a family of nations and people, built around shared language, institutions, challenges, aspirations and values. With a combined population of 2.4 billion, the 53 countries making up the Commonwealth are home to nearly 1/3 of the world’s population, 60% of whom are under 30. From the Antigua & Barbuda to Zambia, young people across the Commonwealth are at the forefront of positive change in their communities, countries, and world at large.
The annual One Young World Summit convenes the brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact. Delegates from 190+ countries are counseled by influential political, business and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Paul Polman, and Meghan Markle, amongst many other global figures.
The Scholarship, in particular, seeks to support young leaders who are active in one of the following areas:
- Achieving change through sport
- Preserving and protecting the environment
- Creating healthier communities
- Increasing access to quality education
Queen ‘s Commonwealth Trust Scholarship 2019 Details:
- United Kingdom
You might be interested in the following international conferences:
- Fully Funded International Summit 2019 in UK
- International Youthopia Conference 2019 in Karachi, Pakistan.
- The international summit in the United Kingdom will run from 22 October and 25 October 2019.
What does the Scholarship sponsorship provide?
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London, the United Kingdom.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 October and 25 October 2019.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from London. Your flight to and from London must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
You are eligible for sponsorship if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change in at least one of the following areas:
- Demonstrate the capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Must be a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed below:
- Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Botswana, Brunei Darussalam, Cameroon, Canada, Cyprus, Dominica, Fiji Islands, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kingdom of eSwatini, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, The Bahamas, The Gambia, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Kingdom, United Republic of Tanzania, Vanuatu,
How to Apply?
Apply Now for One Young World Summit 2019. Fill all the required fields carefully. Don’t wait till the last date, Apply as soon as possible.
The strongest applicants will be shortlisted by the end of May. You will be contacted individually by a member of the One Young World team if you have been shortlisted.
- An application will close on 5 May 2019, 5 PM BST.