Call for application for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2020. The Commonwealth scholarships are available for the master’s degree programs. the QECS is a fully-funded scholarship for commonwealth countries. Applicants don’t need to pay for an application fee.
A Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship is a unique opportunity to study for a two-year Master’s degree in low or middle-income countries of the Commonwealth. Aimed at students who are committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, to broaden horizons, and to build a global network that will last a lifetime.
Through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared challenges we face – both in their home countries and those that host them. As an active part of the Commonwealth network, scholars will help shape its future.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2020 Details:
- ACU Member Universities
- Master’s Degree Scholarships
Fields of Study:
- Arts and humanities
- Medicine, health and life sciences
- Physical sciences, engineering, and mathematics
- Social sciences
List of Commonwealth Universities:
- COMSATS University Islamabad, Pakistan
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Technology and Technology, Ghana
- Mbarara University of Science and Technology, Uganda
- The Technical University of Kenya
- The University of the West Indies
- The University of the West Indies – Climate Resilience
- University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- University of Eswatini
- The University of Ghana
- University of Nairobi, Kenya – Migration Studies
- Universiti Putra Malaysia
- University of Mauritius
- University of Rwanda
- State University of Zanzibar, Tanzania
- University of Zambia
What does a QECS cover?
The Queen Elizbeth scholarship program will cover the following:
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living expenses allowance (stipend) for the duration of the award
- Return economy flights to their host country
- An arrival allowance
- Research support grant – on request only; subject to approval
- Applicants must be a citizen or granted refugee status by a Commonwealth country other than the country hosting the award
- Applicants must hold a Bachelors degree of at least upper second level
Please read the FAQs when completing your application.
How to Apply for Commonwealth Scholarships 2020?
You will need to submit an application for admission to your chosen university course directly to the university in addition to completing a QECS application. On the QECS at University webpage, there is guidance on where to find information and who to contact regarding university admission applications.
You should visit your chosen university’s website for more information on their admissions procedures and when their applications open.
You don’t need a university offer letter when applying for a Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship. As some university application cycles will open after the QECS award applications close, you do not need to have secured an offer and received an offer letter at your chosen institution at the time of submitting your QECS application. Please note that The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships at X university webpage will indicate whether you will have to apply to the university at the same time (or after) the QECS application deadline.
You should speak with your chosen university to determine when the applications open. In some instances, it will be possible to apply for your course once you have been selected for your award. Please note that this is not (recommended nor is it) possible in all cases.
- The last date to submit an application for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2020 is 4 pm (UCT) on 15 January 2020.
Deadline is January 15, 2020