The University of Oklahoma has announced and is accepting applications for the Spring 2019 version of the Professional Fellows Exchange Program hosted by the University of Oklahoma’s Gaylord College and Ronnie K. Irani Center for the Creation of Economic Wealth.
The Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication and the Ronnie K. Irani Center for the Creation of Economic Wealth (ICCEW) at the University of Oklahoma is partnering with the U.S. Department of State and stakeholders in Pakistan, India, Nepal and Kazakhstan to host a five-week professional exchange in the United States that includes a professional fellowship placement at an American small business organization. The Professional Fellows Exchange program is scheduled for May-June, 2019.
The theme for the year 2019 is Economic Empowerment, Sponsored by the U.S. Department of State.
Participants selected for the program will be mid-level emerging leaders in small or start-up business ventures, business administration, government, NGOs, business education, incubation hubs, community training programs or social entrepreneurship in Pakistan, India, Nepal and Kazakhstan with an interest in shaping the small business, entrepreneurship and economic empowerment landscapes of their countries and beyond.
- United States of America (USA)
- University of Oklahoma
- This program, funded by the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs’ Professional Fellows Program,
- Be emerging leaders in either government, civil society or the private sector in Pakistan/India/Nepal/Kazakhstan who have demonstrated expertise in economic empowerment and entrepreneurial/small business development in the respective countries;
- Be between the ages of 25 and 40.
- Have relevant experience and expertise in the small business/entrepreneurship/economic empowerment profession;
- Be either a Pakistani, Indian, Nepali or Kazakhstani citizen;
- Be interested in experiencing hands-on the activities in a U.S. business or economic empowerment organization;
- Be committed to the importance of a sustainable and empowering business sector in a democracy;
- Be proficient in written and spoken English as the entire exchange program and professional placements will be conducted in English;
- Be computer-literate;
In selecting participants, the grantee organization and its partner organizations will also give preference to candidates who are:
- Able to work independently, as well as in a teamwork environment;
- Able to adjust to changing cultural settings and environments;
- Considered leaders in their profession and their community;
- Genuinely interested in developing and/or expanding on an individual project of their own selection in their home workplace or community; and
- Innovative and open to new ideas.
Additional program requirements include:
- Ability to travel without family members (including children) or other individuals (relatives, friends);
- A guarantee that participants will, at all times, comply with all program requirements and program activities.
Please note that when you reach the bottom of this form, you will be asked to upload the material listed below. It would be best to have this information ready and available to upload as you complete the form, so you don’t have to come back to the system to add it later.
- A one-page cover letter, including a statement that you will comply with program requirements.
- A two-page resume. (NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS WITH COVER LETTERS AND RESUMES EXCEEDING THE PAGE LIMIT GIVEN ABOVE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED WHEN REVIEWING PROGRAM APPLICATIONS).
- A copy of university/college degree or other professional qualifications.
- Two letters of recommendation (written in English). These letters can not be written more than two months prior to the application submission date and must include the following information:
- What is the author’s relationship to the applicant?
- How long have they known the applicant?
- How does the applicant: Collaborate with others? Adapt to new environments? Exhibit leadership qualities? Exhibit creativity and innovativeness?
How to Apply for Professional Fellows Exchange Program?
If you are interested in applying for this program, fill out the online application form . Note that all application and supporting material MUST be provided in English. The grantee organization and its partner organizations will review applications from the first week of January 2019 onward and set up in-person interviews with a shortlist of candidates in the respective countries in January/February 2019.
Check also some other amazing opportunities in USA:
- 15th December, 2018