The European University Institute (EUI) is a unique international center for a doctorate and post-doctorate studies and research, situated in the Tuscan hills overlooking Florence.
The expected level of English proficiency is level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). Applicants are required to submit an English international language certificate to demonstrate their level.
- European University Institute (EUI)
No. of Scholarships:
- 150 scholarships are available
- Grants are available for nationals of some EU member states (Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, Norway and Switzerland) and some limited grants for nationals of non-EU member states (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan and Turkey);
- Master degree;
- The expected level of English proficiency is level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
How to apply:
There are two distinct phases in the application process
- Register as early as possible: You are encouraged to register, insert your personal and referee details as soon as possible. This is important to allow sufficient time for your referees to submit the reference letters before the deadline. Reference letters will not be accepted after the deadline 31 January 2018 (24:00 – CET).
- Complete and submit application by the deadline 31 January 2018
- Before starting online submission, prepare the required documents:
- A one or two page CV;
- The research statement of 1500 words;
- A degree transcript, issued by your university listing the exams/courses taken at university, grades/marks awarded and (if applicable) the final degree result (electronic size max 1 MB). Submit your transcript as a scanned file to the on-line application. If pertinent, you may attach more than one transcript from previous degree/s. Do not attach or send supplementary documents that are not strictly requested, such as the copy of your official diploma, traineeships diplomas etc;
- International English language certificate;
- GRE (EUI code 7395 – departmental code 1801). The online or unofficial version of GRE – Examinee Score Report is acceptable. Candidates must directly upload mandatory GRE scores to the online application form.
Application Deadline: 31 January 2018