University College of London (UCL) is pleased to announce its prestigious overseas research scholarships programme for international students from all over the world.
University College of London (UCL) research university in London, England, and a constituent college of the federal University of London. It is founded in 1826 and is the third largest university in the United Kingdom by total enrollment and largest by postgraduate enrollment.
- United Kingdom
- University College London
- Full- or Part-time Research Degree Programme
- Awards are tenable for years 1, 2, and 3 of a full-time MPhil/PhD/EngD degree programme (or years 1 to 5 of a part-time programme), subject to annual review and renewal.
No. of Scholarships:
- Awards consist of fee funding to cover the difference between Overseas and UK/EU tuition fees
- UCL-ORS recipients who do not have any other fee funding will receive additional UCL funding to cover the UK/EU tuition fees for the duration of the UCL-ORS award.
- The award does not cover the Additional Fee Element (AFE) of your programme (if applicable), unless you are also awarded a UCL GRS award.
- Where students are undertaking an integrated four-year doctoral programme the award will be extended to their final year of study.
- If granted, funding begins at the start of the next academic session.
- Applicants are advised to secure additional funding to cover living costs. UCL-ORS awards may be held in conjunction with UCL Graduate Research Scholarships (GRS) and other non-fee awards (unless the fee award covers the Home/EU rate only).
Step 1 – Apply for admission to UCL
Carefully complete your application form.Your application for admission will also be used as your scholarship application. Please see below for guidance on information to include in your admission application if you wish to be considered for an ORS:
- CV – Please include a list of all publications, past/current prizes, awards and scholarships on your CV.
- Referees – One reference should relate to your most recently completed university programme/degree (or the one you intend to complete, if applicable).
- Academic transcripts – Please ensure that each academic transcript submitted includes clarification on the grading scale/range of grades possible for that degree.
Step 2 – Submit additional documents to your department
The following instructions apply to both prospective and current students. Applicants must contact their academic department to notify them that they would like to be considered for an ORS and must submit the following documents to them:
- A lay summary of their research proposal, on a Word or Pdf document (maximum 200 words).
- Applicants must also submit an additional reference for which this Reference Form template should be used
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and research potential. Financial circumstances are not taken into account.
- 5 January 2018
Master’s Programmes Scholarship at University of Helsinki, Finland | Fully Funded