Call for applications for the Fully Funded OpenCon Conference 2018 in Toronto, Canada.
OpenCon seeks to bring together effective, engaged students and early career academic professionals from all around the world to advance Open Access, Open Education, and Open Data—regardless of their ability to pay for travel costs. In OpenCon’s first four years, most attendees received full or partial scholarships to attend the conference. For this reason, attending OpenCon is made possible by application only.
- International Federation of Medical Students Associations (IFMSA)
- 3 Days
- November 2-4
OpenCon Conference is a unique meeting in that the organizers will provide full or partial travel scholarships to a large number of the participants at the meeting. In past meetings, the majority of participants received full or partial scholarships.
Scholarship funding is available for the following expenses:
- Roundtrip ticket (air, train or bus) to Toronto, Canada from the departure city indicated in your application
- Accommodation during the nights of the conference (shared room with the participant of the same sex)
- Participation fee that covers registration and most meals
- Visa application fee (if needed)
Note: If you are invited and are awarded a scholarship, your invitation will specify which of the above expenses are included. Please note that scholarships will not cover travel to and from the airport, meals that are not provided at the conference, insurance, or other incidental expenses. Note that due to the number of scholarships we will be granting, we cannot process any reimbursements from receipts. Therefore scholarship funding will only apply for travel and accommodation booked through OpenCon’s travel agent.
- OpenCon’s target audience is students of all levels, early career researchers, and young professionals in fields related to scholarly and scientific research (e.g. librarians, publishers, advocates, etc).
- Students, early career researchers, and young professionals from all countries are welcome to attend OpenCon.
- Early career is a flexible term and generally means someone within about 10 years of the beginning of their professional career (i.e. after graduating with their terminal degree).
- Applicants must be eighteen years of age or older to attend OpenCon.
Please read the FAQs for more information about scholarship and application.
How to Apply:
Application form is very simple and easy to fill. First, enter your email address to unlock the rest of the questions. Once you begin, you can save your progress at any time by clicking “Save for Later” at the bottom of the form. You will then be sent an email with a secure link that you may use to resume your application later.
- The fully funded OpenCon Conference is 13th July, 2018