The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST) offers Research Internship Program to talented students to gain experience in their cutting-edge laboratories as Research Interns.
These short-term placements, usually from 2 to 6 months, give students the opportunity to gain experience in a particular laboratory or to learn a specific technique. They work under the direction of a professor at OIST and contribute to the research activities of OIST.
This is a paid international internship program and OIST provides living allowance, commuting support where necessary, and accommodation either on campus or nearby. Successful applicants of Japan research internship program will receive a living allowance of 2400 JPY per day (weekends excluded) while at OIST.
- Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology
- 2 to 6 months
- Apr 1 – Jun 30
- Jul 1 – Sep 30
- Oct 1 – Dec 28
In order to facilitate and maximize research experience at OIST at its fullest, the Graduate School will provide the following support during the duration of internship program:
- Travel Expenses – one simple direct roundtrip
- Visa support
- On or off-campus housing accomodation
- Commuting support
- Allowance – 2,400 JPY per day (taxable)
- Those eligible to apply include students enrolled at graduate or undergraduate programs in universities, colleges, junior colleges, and vocational schools in Japan or overseas, or recent graduates of such institutions.
To apply for an Japan internship program 2019, please submit:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Interest
- A letter of Recommendation
- Academic Transcript
- ID Photo
Also check some other international internships:
- P&G UK Sales Summer Internship in UK
- Google Business Internship
- World Bank Paid Internship 2019
- Unilever Summer Internship 2019
Research Intern places are awarded four times a year on a competitive basis. Deadlines for application are listed below.
- For Apr 1 – Jun 30 , Deadline is November 15, 2018
- For Jul 1 – Sep 30 , Deadline is February 28, 2019
- Oct 1 – Dec 28 , Deadline is July 1, 2019
Deadline is today