Call for applications for OIST Internship 2019 in Japan. The OIST Research Internship in Japan is offered by the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST). Students or recent graduates from all over the world can apply for Japan Internship 2019. The duration of the paid internship in Japan is between 2 and 6 months, typically 10 to 12 weeks. The Japan international internship program 2019 is fully funded internship program.
The Graduate University aims to train researchers who will play important roles in the international scientific community at leading scientific institutions in the public and private sectors. Accordingly, the program will make it a principle to recruit candidates with the potential and motivation to become leaders in scientific research on the international stage.
They seek interns who are highly motivated by the excitement and potential of the cutting-edge research that is possible at OIST, who have the curiosity and academic ability needed to excel in their chosen areas of study, and who have the capacity for independent research and original thinking. Successful applicants will also require proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English for advanced study in science, and the ability to interact effectively with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
OIST Internship 2019 Details:
- Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology
- The tenure of Research Intern placements is between 2 and 6 months, typically at least 10 to 12 weeks
- Oct 2019- Mar 2020
- April 2020 – Sept. 2020
Also, Apply for, United States Summer Internship 2019
- Multiple Fields
The Japan summer internship of 2019 is fully funded. The paid summer internship will cover:
- Travel Expenses – one simple direct roundtrip
- Visa support
- On or off-campus housing accommodation
- Commuting support
- Allowance – 2,400 JPY per day (taxable)
- Those eligible to apply include students enrolled at graduate or undergraduate programs in universities, colleges, junior colleges, and vocational schools in Japan or overseas, or recent graduates of such institutions.
- Bachelor year 3 and 4 and master year 1 & 2 students are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Currently, enrolled students must have approval from their home institution. If you are currently a student, please confirm with your institution. OIST interns must agree to and follow the OIST agreement. OIST agreement takes precedence over any other university agreement.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Interest
- A letter of Recommendation
- Academic Transcript
- ID Photo
How to Apply for OSIT Research Internship Program?
We suggest you first download this HANDY WORKSHEET to guide your preparation of the application, as you must enter all details and documents (as PDF files) in the application form at once to submit an application. Please complete preparations of all required materials, then fill out and submit to apply for the program:
1) Curriculum Vitae Sheet – OIST CV SHEET
2) Personal Statement – STATEMENT SHEET
3) Academic Transcript – Upload a scan of your current academic transcript in PDF format. Unofficial partial transcripts are accepted for those who have not yet graduated. Applicants should be among the top 25% of students.
4) Recommendation Letter – Applications from currently enrolled students must be supported by a recommendation letter from the Dean, Head of Department, or supervising professor of the program they are enrolled in. Please consider that the request for a recommendation letter will not be sent until your application is submitted, so keep this in mind as you plan your application timeline. The application system will ask him/ her directly, using the email contact details that you provide. Depending on account settings, our automatically generated email may be filtered to junk or bulk mail, so in case of a delay, please notify him/ her to check beyond the inbox to insure timely processing of your recommendation letter. Please arrange for the consent of that person before submitting their details in the form. Be sure to also confirm the e-mail address before entering it in the web-form. Applicants will be automatically notified by the application system when a letter of recommendation is received.
5) ID Photo – Upload a recent photo, showing your face from the front in standard passport orientation (image must be in JPG format, and less than 5 MB).
Once you have obtained all the documents above, please attach and apply to the program through the online application.