Applications are Invited for the Fully Funded OCIS Fellowship Program 2018 in United Kingdom. The Chevening Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS) Fellowship is a collaboration between the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office and OCIS.
The Fellowship is for those who are dedicated to the promotion of academic activities which encourage a more informed understanding of the culture and civilization of Islam and contemporary Muslim societies.
OCIS is the Chevening Fellowships offer financial support for individuals to undertake a period of independent, self-driven research at the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies.
The Centre encourages a better understanding of the culture and civilisation of Islam, and of all aspects of contemporary Muslim societies in their global context. At Oxford, it contributes to the multi-disciplinary study of the Muslim world. Beyond Oxford, its role is strengthened by strong international academic links and contacts.
It maintains a range of programmes, including scholarships and fellowships, lectures, and seminar series, and organises regular national and international conferences.
OCIS Fellowship Program Details:
- United Kingdom
- The Chevening Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS) Fellowship is a collaboration between the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office and OCIS.
- The fellowship starts in October 2019.
- Six-month period of research at OCIS
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship
- Return economy airfare from their home country to the UK
- Allowance package for research-related activities
To be eligible for a Chevening OCIS Fellowship, you must:
- Demonstrate the potential to rise to a position of leadership and influence.
- Demonstrate the personal, intellectual and interpersonal attributes reflecting this potential.
- Be a citizen of one of the above-listed countries, who will return to your home country at the end of the period of the fellowship.
- Hold a postgraduate (PG) level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area) at the time of application.
- Not hold dual nationality.
- Have significant professional and/or academic research experience (5+ years).
- Provide evidence of meeting at least the minimum English language abilities for Chevening Award
- The Occupied Palestinian Territories
- Turkey (can also apply for Abdullah Gül Fellowship)
Also visit and apply for some more fully funded opportunities:
- Google Software Paid Internship, United States
- TED Fellowship Program (Fully Funded)
- 69th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings [Fully Funded] in Germany by Higher Education Commission (HEC)
- CERN Switzerland Fellowship Program (Fully Funded)
- Morocco Government Scholarship by HEC (Fully Funded)
- HEC Scholarships for FATA & Balochistan Students (Fully Funded)
- National Endowment Scholarship Program for FA/FSC students
- 2019 KAIST Camp [Fully Funded] in South Korea
- Fully Funded Acumen Fellowship Program for Emerging Leaders
How to Apply:
Apply through the online application system.
- The application deadline for OCIS Fellowship Program is 6th November, 2018