The NUST Global Acceleration Program – GAP – is a pioneering acceleration program sponsored by the US Department of State that aims to scale up post-revenue Pakistani startups and launch them globally.
The Global Acceleration Program will select 12 post-revenue startups, provide them office space at Technology Incubation Centre NUST for 12 months, and accelerate them in Silicon Valley for 3 months. The startups will be connected with relevant mentors and domain experts, investors, and international clients. The objective will be to immerse Pakistan’s finest startups in the high tech clusters of Silicon Valley, validate their products in the US market and then seek seed/venture funding for them.
- National University of Sciences and Technology
The program will shortlist 12 “post-revenue startups” that meet the criteria and will include them as part of NUST’s own Technology Incubation Center for a 12-month period. NUST mentions that for every founder per selected startup, the program will provide:
- Lodging and co-working space in the heart of Silicon Valley for 3 months;
- Business development opportunities with international clients & partners;
- Linkages with globally renowned mentors and domain specialists;
- Workshops & training on Go-To-Market;
- Access to the Silicon Valley investor network;
- Access to demo days and events in relevant thematic verticals;
- Sponsored office space for 12 months at NUST Technology Incubation Centre.
Moreover, candidates will be able to form connections with industry mentors, international clientele, and even investors.
Eligible startups, which will work in the Technological Incubation Center for NUST for 12 months, are required to transfer 5% of their equity to NUST. Moreover, selected participants will get,
- Exposure and opportunities in the Silicon Valley for 3 months,
- Opportunity to develop connections with international investors and partners,
- Go-To-Market training and workshops,
- A chance to develop connections in the Silicon Valley,
- and much more.
How to Apply:
Apply through the online application system.
- 20th May, 2018