The fully funded NUS Research Scholarship (“Scholarship”) is awarded to outstanding national and international graduate students for research leading to a higher degree at the University. The Scholarship consists of a monthly stipend plus a tuition fee subsidy. This scholarships is offered in Master’s degree programs and PhD Degree programs.
- National University of Singapore
- Master‘s Degree
- PhD Degree
Field of Study:
- Courses offered by the National University of Singapore.
- A monthly stipend as follows:
For PhD candidates: For Master’s candidates: Singapore Citizen2 S$2,700 S$2,500 Singapore Permanent Resident S$2,200 S$1,500 International Student S$2,000 S$1,500
- Tuition fees at the University.
- Scholars in a PhD programme may be eligible for an additional stipend of up to $500 per month upon passing the PhD Qualifying Examination (QE), which is normally held 12 to 18 months after registration of candidature. The additional stipend is renewable each semester subject to good performance. The quantum and duration of the additional stipend may vary between Faculties and Schools.
2With effect from 1 August 2015, Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions shall be provided at a rate pegged to the prevailing employer’s contribution rate set by CPF, on top of the monthly stipend received
The Scholarship is open to candidates who meet the following criteria:
- The applicants for NUS Research Scholarship, 2017 can be citizens or permanent residents of Singapore or international applicants.
- The candidates should have an undergraduate degree with a second class honors upper division or honors distinction or its equivalent.
- The applicants should be admitted to a full-time graduate research program at NUS or should have an offer.
- must be eligible for MOE Subsidy1
1Please click here for Eligibility Guidelines for MOE Subsidy
How to Apply:
Incoming graduate students should indicate their interest in the Scholarship in their application for admission.