The National University of Singapore is now accepting applications for Asian Graduate Student Fellowships 2019 in Singapore. The duration of the NUS fellowships is 6 weeks and it will run from 22 July to 26 July 2019. The AGSF 2019 is open only to Asian Citizens currently enrolled in a fulltime Master’s or PhD degree at a university in an Asian country.
The Asia Research Institute Fellowship is a fully funded residence fellowship. All the selected students will get one time allowance, one-time round trip travel subsidy, free accommodation.
The aim of the Asian Graduate Student Fellowships is to enable scholars to make full use of the wide range of resources held in the libraries of NUS and the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies.
Asian Graduate Student Fellowships Details:
- National University Singapore (NUS)
- Asia Research Institute (ARI)
- 6 Weeks
- From 22 to 26 July 2019′
Successful candidates can expect the following benefits:
- A one-time allowance of SGD500.00
- A one-time round trip travel subsidy by the most economical and direct route (via budget airline if available) on a reimbursement basis upon being accepted for the fellowship.
- Access to library and computer resources on campus. You can look forward to excellent library and internet computer facilities at NUS’ main library (http://www.lib.nus.edu.sg/), the library at the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS) (https://www.iseas.edu.sg/library) and the Lee Kong Chian Reference Library at the National Library (http://www.nlb.gov.sg) to facilitate your research for the dissertation. NUS’ main library has 2 million volumes covering all topics while ISEAS’ library has 200,000 on Southeast Asian topics, half of which are in Southeast Asian languages.
- Exposure to seminars by various experts in the field.
- A mentor/advisor will be appointed based on candidate’s research topic.
- The Training Employment Pass and Visa will be arranged for by ARI.
- On-campus accommodation will be arranged by ARI.
- Eligible candidates must have completed their fieldwork by the time the Fellowship starts in June 2019.
- Basic proficiency of the English Language.
- Offered to graduate students working in the Humanities and Social Sciences on Southeast Asian topics
Also check some others international fellowships 2019:
How to Apply for NUS Asian Graduate Student Fellowships 2019?
Interested applicants are invited to e-mail:
- The Application Form, click on the Apply Now button below for Application Form.
- A 2-page outline of your research proposal in English. The 2-page research proposal must include the following details:
- Whether the data collection or fieldwork stage of the research has already been completed;
- How the fellowship will contribute to the research
- The types of sources to be consulted in Singapore
- Proposed work plan during the fellowship.
- One letter of reference from your principal thesis supervisor must be sent confidentially to the same e-mail address by the deadline of 15 December 2018. Since this fellowship offers the opportunity to enroll in an English Academic Writing Course specifically targeted at graduate students who might benefit from this, make sure your referee addresses how and why you would benefit from such a programme. If your wish is to conduct research locally in Singapore please make sure your referee addresses the usefulness and feasibility of this.
Please send the completed application documents to Mdm Kalaichelvi at email@example.com . Referee must send the letter of reference in confidence to the same e-mail address.
- The last date to apply for NUS Asian Graduate Student Fellowships 2019 in Singapore is 15th December, 2018
Deadline is December 15, 2018