Applications are invited for 2019 NIG Summer Internship Japan.The 2019 NIG internship is an international internship opportunity and applicants from any country or nationality can apply for this internship program. The duration of the summer internship 2019 is 6 weeks. The fully funded Summer Internship in Japan will run from June 20 2019 to July 31, 2019.
The NIG Internship 2019 is a fully funded internship and will cover airfare, local transportation, lodging and travel insurance. The selected students will also get meal allowance (ca. 1,500JPY/day, subject to change).
The NIG Summer Internship 2019 offers a research internship program for undergraduate and postgraduate students. Intern students will conduct independent research under the mentorship of a host investigator at NIG. The NIGINTERN2019 is one of the best internship programs in the world. Do apply and get experience in one of the world best research institute.
- The National Institute of Genetics (NIG)
- 6 Weeks
- June 20 – July 31, 2019
- Genetics and related fields in life sciences
NIG Summer Internship will cover all the cost of the selected students.It Includes:
- Costs of airfare
- Local transportation fares between airport in Japan
- NIG, lodging in the institute’s guesthouse
- Travel insurance during the program.
- Allowance for meals (ca. 1,500JPY/day, subject to change) will also be provided.
- 2019 Summer Internship includes training on scientific research, scientific communication, and lab visits to discuss with individual principal investigators.
- At the end of the program, participants will give a presentation on their experience as the “NIGINTERN Reports Symposium”.
- NIG will issue a certificate to those who have successfully completed the program.
- Interns can also participate in various activities such as graduate program lectures, journal clubs, and seminars by outstanding researchers from inside and outside of NIG. Japanese language classes are also available.
- Applicants must be interested in life sciences and be in the pre final-year at the time of application, i.e. in the 3rd year of a 4-year bachelor program, in the 2nd year of a 3-year bachelor program, in the 4th year of a 5-year program,
- Or in the 1st year of a 2-year master program, or in the 5th year of a 6-year program.
- Students who are interested in enrolling in our PhD program at NIG are encouraged to apply.
* Because of a highly competitive selection process, applications from non-pre final students are not considered.
Also Check some other summer school programs 2019:
- CERN Openlab Summer Program – Fully Funded
- ETH Student Summer Program 2019 in Switzerland – Fully Funded
- Hansen Summer Institute in USA – Fully Funded
- CDLinks Summer School in Italy 2019
After the registration, you will receive an e-mail with your password. Use this password and log into our online application page. Applicants are requested to enter “Letter of Motivation/Self advertisement” and upload the following materials through the online application form.
Letter of Motivation / Self advertisement
- Within 500 English words
- Includes education record starting from high school. Be sure to indicate your current academic year.
Scanned Academic Transcript
- Submit a latest undergraduate or postgraduate transcript that you can obtain. Please scan it and then upload. In case of uploading multiple transcripts, please combine them into a single file.
Two recommendation letters of your teachers
- Must be entered by your recommenders through the recommender page of the online application system.
All the required materials including recommendation letters must be submitted through the online system. Materials submitted by E-mail will not be accepted.
How to Apply for 2019 NIG Summer Internship Japan?
Before you start registration, make sure that you have general information such as current postal address, field of interests and preferred host laboratory where you wish to study. After the registration, a confirmation e-mail with your application number and password will be sent to your e-mail address. In the initial registration, you are requested to enter the name of two recommenders and their E-mail addresses as well. Talk to your recommenders before you register and ask them to write a recommendation letter for you. As soon as you register, the recommenders will receive an e-mail asking to enter the recommendation for you.
Please read “Application guideline” below carefully and follow the instructions. Application guideline and Online Application
Students interested in applying for this program must read, understand and agree to the conditions and requirements of the program.
The application deadline for the 2019 NIG Summer Internship Japan is January 7, 2019.