National Commission of the Status of Women is pleased to announce its first NCSW Literary Awards 2018. The main purpose of this Literary Awards 2018 is to encourage Pakistani women writers promoting women’s rights through the creative writing.
National Commission on the Status of Women:
- National Commission on the Status of Women (NCSW) is a statutory body, established in July 2000. It is an outcome of the national and international commitments of the Government of Pakistan like Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action, 1995; and National Plan of Action (NPA) for Women, 1998. Three Commissions have completed their respective term of three years. Term of the last Commission expired on 31st December, 2008.
Women writers across Pakistan are invited to submit works of fiction in the form of:
- Collection Short Stories
No. of Awards:
- Two Awards will be given to the best submissions, one in Urdu Language and the other one in a provincial language of Pakistan
- Winners will get a monetary prize and their work will be published by NCSW.
- Pakistani women up to 35 years of age
- Only unpublished original work will be accepted
Decision of the award will be made by the Selection Committee appointed by NCSW. Decision of the Committee will be final.
How to Apply:
Interested women should send 4 sets of writing at the address given below:
Rehana Wagha, Research and Policy Wing
2nd Floor, Hamza Plaz, East Fazal -e- Haq Road,
Blue Area, Islamabad.
- 8th March, 2018