Applications are invited for NASA Summer Internship 2019 in United States. The summer interns 2019 will be working with a scientist at the LPI or at the NASA Johnson Space Center on a research project. The duration of the LPI summer intern program is 10 week and it will run from June 3, 2019 to August 8, 2019. No IELTS or TOEFL is required if you can get one letter from one of the professors in the English department at your university confirming that you have sufficient spoken and written English language skills. We also call this letter as English Proficiency Certificate.
The NASA internship in USA is fully funded internship program. There is no program fee. The selected interns will not pay for anything. All the interns will a $7,300.00 stipend, $1000.00 U.S. travel stipend, or $1,500 foreign travel reimbursement for foreign interns.
The LPI Internship Program in Planetary Science provides undergraduate students with an opportunity to perform cutting-edge, peer-reviewed research, learn from widely respected planetary scientists, and discover exciting careers in planetary science. During the 10-week internship, students have the opportunity to participate in enrichment activities, including NASA Johnson Space Center scientific visits, lectures, and career development workshops.
Applicants will be considered for appointment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, national origin, age, handicap status, or other non-merit factors.
NASA Summer Internship Details:
- United States of America
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- The Lunar and Planetary Institute
- 10 Week Program
- June 3, 2019 – August 8, 2019
The 2019 NASA Internship is fully funded international internship. Summer students ill receive:
- $7,300 Stipend
- This amount covers the internship stipend, travel, housing, and cost of living expenses.
- $1000 Travel Stipend or $1,500 foreign travel reimbursement for foreign interns.
- Additionally, financial support up to $1,000 is offered to interns who submit an accepted abstract as first author to the upcoming Lunar and Planetary Science Conference.
- Gain valuable research experience
- Develop new skills and refine others
- Meet and work with professionals, establishing contacts for letters of reference and networking
- Experience a new work environment
- College undergraduates with at least 50 semester hours of credit interested in pursuing a career in the sciences are eligible
- Students with majors in a physical or natural science, engineering, computer science, or mathematics have an advantage, but any eligible student may apply.
If you are a foreign national, you will be asked to provide proof of English proficiency. This may be in the form of a Test Of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score, or a letter from one of the professors in the English department at your university confirming that you have sufficient spoken and written English language skills, to successfully participate in our internship program. You will be responsible for U.S. taxes.
Also Check some international opportunities 2019:
- CERN Openlab Summer Program – Fully Funded
- ETH Student Summer Program 2019 in Switzerland – Fully Funded
- Hansen Summer Institute in USA – Fully Funded
- Japan Summer Internship 2019 – Fully Funded
- UNIL Summer Internship in Switzerland – Fully Funded
How to Apply for NASA Summer Internship 2019?
Click on APPLY NOW button below to proceed to NASA internship online application. Paper applications will not be accepted for internship in NASA. Once you begin the application, you must complete all of the questions on the form, including essay-style questions. Transcripts and letters of recommendation may be submitted independently.
Upon submission you will receive a confirmation e-mail with your application number and a link to view the status of your reference letters. You are required to submit three reference letters to qualify for the program.
Have your college registrar mail an official transcript to: LPI Summer Intern Program, Application #, 3600 Bay Area Boulevard, Houston, TX 77058-1113.
Be sure to include your application number in the address you provide to your registrar.
Selection is based on these criteria:
- Scholarship, curriculum, and experience
- Career objectives and scientific interest
- Match of applicant’s interest with available research projects
The last date to apply for NASA Summer Internship 2019 is January 7, 2019, 11:59 p.m. CST.
The selection committee meets in February. Students will be notified by March 8, 2019. A response from the selected student is required within 2 days of receiving the offer and will be rescinded if there is no response within that timeframe.