Call for applications for Mozilla Fellowship Programme 2019-2020. The duration of the Mozilla Fellowships is 10-month. Mozilla Fellowships are a transformative experience for emerging leaders concerned with making the internet a safer, more accessible resource for everyone. Fellows expand their network and sphere of influence; design impactful projects with the potential to reach millions, and learn from and collaborate with a global community of thousands of Mozillians.
Mozilla Fellows work on the front lines of internet health, at a time when the internet is entwined with everything from elections and free expression to justice and personal safety. Fellows ensure the internet remains a force for good — empowerment, equality, access — and also combat online ills, like abuse, exclusion, and closed systems.
Mozilla is particularly interested in individuals whose expertise aligns with our 2019 impact goal: “better machine decision making,” or ensuring the artificial intelligence in our lives is designed with responsibility and ethics top of mind. For example: Fellows might research how disinformation spreads on Facebook. Or, build a tool that identifies the blind spots in algorithms that detect cancer. Or, advocate for a “digital bill of rights” that protects individuals from invasive facial recognition technology.
During a 10-month tenure, Mozilla Fellows may run campaigns, build products, and influence policy. Mozilla Fellows hail from a range of disciplines and geographies: They are scientists in the UK, human rights researchers in Germany, tech policy experts in Nigeria, and open-source advocates in New Zealand. The Mozilla Fellowship runs from October 2019 through July 2020.
Mozilla Fellowship 2019-2020 Details:
- Ten Months
- The Mozilla Fellowship runs from October 2019 through July 2020.
- Fellows receive competitive funding and benefits; mentorship and trainings; access to the Mozilla network and megaphone; and more.
Mozilla Fellowships. Mozilla is seeking technologists, activists, policy experts, and scientists who are building a more humane digital world:
Specifically, They’re seeking Fellows who identify with one of three profiles:
- Open web activists: Individuals addressing issues like privacy, security, and inclusion online. These Fellows will embed at leading human rights and civil society organizations from around the world, working alongside the organizations and also exchanging advocacy and technical insights among each other.
- Tech policy professionals: Individuals who examine the interplay of technology and public policy — and craft legal, academic, and governmental solutions.
- Scientists and researchers: Individuals who infuse open-source practices and principles into scientific research. These Fellows are based at the research institution with which they are currently affiliated.
To learn about strategic priorities for the Mozilla fellowship and more tips on using Fluxx, please read the Mozilla Fellows Application Guide.
How to Apply for Mozilla Fellowship Programme 2019-2020?
Apply through the online application of Mozilla Fellows 2019-2020.
Tips for Using Fluxx:
1) While your answers may include links to further information, the answer you provide in the response field must be complete. Reviewers are not required to open the links you provide.
2) Fluxx uses a character count system. Spaces are considered characters. If you think Fluxx is overcounting your characters when you copy and paste answers into the application, try typing your answer directly into the application.
3) Fluxx is not mobile friendly. Plan to complete your application using a laptop or desktop computer.
For assistance, using the Fluxx portal, please contact email@example.com
- Part 1 of the Mozilla applications closes on Monday, April 8, 2019, at 5:00 pm ET.