Call for applications for the MIF Research Fellowship Program 2020 in Japan. The duration of the fully funded research fellowship in Japan is between 3 to 6 months and commencing month and ending month between April 2020 and March 2021.
Upon the concept of the founder of the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF), “Towards A Greater Understanding of Japan and a Lasting World Peace”, MIF has started the Research Fellowship Program in 1980.
The Matsumae International Foundation aims to develop the future by contributing to global friendship and goodwill through our enterprise which leaves “peoples” connecting Japan with the rest of the world. This is extremely important in the era of highly developed science and technologies, especially in these days of extremely tensed world affairs. Our activities are nothing fancy but we are happy to continue those activities based upon the enthusiasm of our supporters. I again like to take this opportunity to ask for your continuing support.
MIF Research Fellowship Program 2020 Details:
- Matsumae International Foundation (MIF)
- Applicants are free to select host institutions (university research laboratories, national research institutions or the corresponding facilities of private industry)
Also, Apply for Fully Funded Atlas Corps Fellowship in the United States
Fields of Research Study:
- Fields of research such as natural sciences, engineering, and medicine are considered with the first priorities.
No. of Researchers/Scholars:
- MIF plans to invite more or less 20 researchers/scholars.
- Successful applicants will receive an allowance for research and stay, insurance, air transportation & start-up fund upon arrival.
Applicants of non-Japanese nationality who meet all of the following eligibility requirements are invited to submit the required application documents:
- Applicants must obtain a Letter of Invitation from the host institutions in Japan
- Applicants must hold a PH.D. (Doctorate) degree, or be recognized by MIF as possessing equivalent academic qualifications
- Applicants must be at the age of 49 years old or younger at the time when documents are submitted
- Applicants must have sufficient abilities in the English or Japanese languages
- Applicants should not have past or current experiences of staying in Japan (Except for short-term stay. E.g. sightseeing, conferences)
- Applicants should be in employment in their home countries and must return to their countries upon completion of their MIF fellowship tenure
- Applicants are free to select host institutions (university research laboratories, national research institutions or the corresponding facilities of private industry).
- Application form
- The research project
- A reprint of the most significant publication by the applicant
- Personal history (Curriculum Vitae)
- A letter of recommendation by the applicant’s employer printed out on the home institution’s letterhead
- Certified copies for all the academic certificates/diplomas (for Ph.D., MA/MS/MD, BA/BS) issued by the relevant institutions
- A letter of invitation signed by the professor/scholar-in-charge at the host institution printed out on the host institution’s letterhead
How to Apply for MIF Research Fellowship 2020 in Japan?
Download the announcement from the MIF’s website and print out the Application Form in PDF-format or MS Word file. All the required documents should be in A4 size and must be type-written and be submitted all together in one package by postal mail. The documents are not to be bound into a book.
Please send the documents to the following mailing address:
- The Matsumae International Foundation
4-4-46, Kamiogi, Suginami-ku, Tokyo, 167-0043 JAPAN
*Application for Research Fellowship 2019 must be submitted from the applicant’s home country. Those applications submitted electronically or via facsimile will be unacceptable.
For more details, please download the “Fellowship Announcement” PDF file from the official website.
- The deadline for application is 17:00 on July 31st, 2019(Japan Standard Time).
Deadline is July 31, 2019