The MEXT University Scholarship is a scholarship sponsored by the government of Japan, in which Japanese universities recommend individual applicants to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan (MEXT) for scholarship.
Monbukagakusho scholarships are available for both degree-seeking and non-degree seeking (i.e. research only) students.
Apply now, Don’t wait for last date.
MEXT University Scholarship Details:
- Ritsumeikan University
- Master’s Degree Program
- Doctoral Degree Program (PhD)
- Monthly Allowance: JPY 143,000-145,000 (based on 2018 figures. The amount is subject to change according to budgetary constraints and cost of goods.
- Tuition: Students will be exempted from tuition while under scholarship.
- Travel: (to Japan) Students will be provided a one-way, economy-class ticket from the International Airport nearest their residence to Narita Airport or the airport usually used by their university (Kansai International Airport). Travel to the airport in their home country and travel within Japan are at the expense of the student. Travel must originate from the student’s home country. (return) Students who leave Japan during the month of completing their studies will be provided an economy class ticket from the international airport closest to their university to the international airport closest to their home.
To apply for a Japanese Government MONBUKAGAKUSHO MEXT University Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with the Japanese government. Applicants who have Japanese nationality are not eligible.
- Newly enter Japan for the purpose of study upon receipt of the scholarship.
- Have been born on or after April 2, 1984.
- Be in both good physical and mental health.
- Be able to arrive in Japan on a date designated by Ritsumeikan University in the middle of September 2019.
- Meet or exceed the academic and linguistic ability requirements established by the Monbukagakusho.
- December 10, 2018
Also check some other international scholarships:
If you have questions about the application process, please contact the International Center at BKC: