The U.S. Middle East Partnership Initiative is now accepting applications for MEPI Student Leaders Exchange Program 2019 in USA. The duration of the student leadership program is 5 week. Student leaders will be placed in four different US based universities and will participate in 5 week intensive training program.
The selected student leaders will develop their leadership skills and expand their understanding of civil society as well as the democratic process of United States of America. After completing the 2019 Student Leaders program, the participants will return to their home countries and may apply these skills for the better future of their community people. The students will have chance to engage with the local people and observe and take part in the governmental process on the local, state, and federal levels.
U.S. Department of States will 60 undergraduate and graduate students. The fully funded leadership program will start from June 26 2019 and end at July 31, 2019. The student leaders exchange program is fully funded and all the expenses is paid by U.S. Department of States.
MEPI Student Leaders Exchange Program Details:
- United States of America
- U.S. Department of States
- 5 Weeks
- June 26-July 31st, 2019
- The cost of the program is fully covered by the U.S. Department of State.
The eligibility criteria of US Exchange Program is given below:
Applicants must hold citizenship of Algeria, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Tunisia, or Libya; Applicants cannot hold U.S. citizenship and cannot be a U.S. Legal Permanent Resident.
- Must have ability to participate in the program in the USA in late June 2019;
- Are 20 to 24 years of age as of the program start date of June 26, 2019 and end date of July 31, 2019 (birth dates falling between July 31, 1995 and June 26, 1999);
- Demonstrate the strong English language skills needed to participate in a U.S. academic program;
- Are committed to returning to their home country/community following completion of the program;
- Demonstrate strong leadership potential;
- Indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States;
- Are not a third country national of the nominating country;
- Have a sustained high level of academic achievement and currently attending an undergraduate or graduate program, have graduated from an undergraduate program within 6 months or less from the program start date of June 27, 2019 or will commence graduate studies in the fall 2019 semester in their home country; will not be commencing study in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in the USA during the fall 2019 USA academic semester;
- Demonstrate a commitment to civic engagement;
- Preference will be given to those who have no prior travel experience in the United States or Canada and limited to no study or travel experience outside their home country;
- Are willing and able to participate fully in intensive academic, community service, and educational travel activities;
- Are comfortable with campus life, sharing living accommodations while traveling with a multinational group of participants from the Middle East and North Africa region and with U.S. citizens, and making adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home countries/communities; and
- Are comfortable living with another program participant of the same sex in a shared room as well as traveling to the USA and participating in the program without any accompanying friends or family members.
- Applications for the Student Leaders Scholarship Program will be accepted from October 9, 2018 to December 31, 2018.
Deadline is December 31, 2018